HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Up to the southern hemisphere for a race on the beautiful Kyalami circuit
It's a nice sweeping track just north of Johannesburg and a guarantee for a great race with our multiclass.

Kyalami15.png

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.)

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: same as last week, otherwise send me a pm
  • Race server: S.GP Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Kyalami, South Africa
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100% a
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

The fight was epik with John and Ernie(i was bullied by foking turtles 'i mean the sheel of the abarth thats why i call abarths turtles and mazda moskitos) which in 1 lap became Ezio Auditore going fullthrottle back on track when i saw u on the right i was like o **** its a ground rocket . Congratz to the podium Thomas and John for p1 class. ty Han for hosting.

Last edited:
This is what it felt like with John and Fulvio

5C20F6BB-B072-4E76-B92F-628BC7EF6B30.jpeg

I was sown up like a kipper, not a hope in hell, but I fought as hard as I could, all to no avail.
then I was left just seeing them both disappear into the distance..
Apart from Jari to keep me company for a while, until his pit stop.
That was my race in a nutshell.
Well done podiums, and Thankyou Han for a great event.
The end.

F0AE9147-8DF1-40CA-8F32-E07522B2FDB8.jpeg

Thanks for organising @HF2000 Han, and congrats to Fulvio and Thomas for win and podium :thumbsup:

A great battle with Ernie and Fulvio made the race for me, fantastic stuff, and an absolute masterclass of defensive driving from Ernie, total rotter :mad: :p ...tho apologies Ernie for the couple of nudges, both my mistake:ninja:

Not sure what happened on the first lap (tight left at top of hill), just managed to avoid Allan, then a tap from someone re-joining (big thank you for waiting!).... after that it was catch up; near the end hoped to close on Thomas but needed another 20 laps, to get past:D

Top race, loved it:inlove:

Last edited:
So, that was kind of a gray race for me. I surely missed Doug and Andre on this one. Had almost zero practice ahead so I'm glad I found an proper racing line and decent braking points on the short time I had available (thanks for the help Callum!). I found consistent pace during practice, had a decent qualifying and was glad with the rhythm I got on track, especially after my pitstop. But it was quiet in general. :coffee:

Start was good and this time I was careful on the first lap but also had "ministro de defensa" on my rear fender so gave no spots away for free. I had a few good laps of close racing with Dave and Steve (too bad you VR quit man 'coz we were having fun!) on the first stint which was great. I apparently forgot to switch my setup 'coz 12 minutes into the race 'my Jim' said: "that's half your fuel"... :confused: Now, that was odd and unexpected, reason why I asked on comms if other Mazdas where half way their fuel as well. But since I still had half a tank I soldiered on aiming to catch the cars up ahead... I got into a good pace until a few laps later 'my Jim' radioed: "two liters remaining"... with that I lost focus as I pulled up the strategy menu on the straight to check on fuel and calculate the refill, and due to that a sloppy lap followed... I now understand Mazespin's radio messages to his engineer on his last race at Monaco. :cautious:

So, I had to box earlier than planned and due to having to load more fuel, lost more time than expected on my pitstop. I took my loss, came back into no-man's land and put my head down to catch up Kimi ahead and keep Dave behind me. Both gaps opened up a bit so I finished without having much to do but keeping my car on the black stuff. I did that and managed to get into the 02's so I was happy with improving my PB.

Thank you for organizing Han and congratz to the winners and podium finishers. I will certainly make time to practice for our next race... 14 kms of old german woods and cobblestones... see you there chaps! :laugh:

Last edited:
This was a great race for me. So much fun. It started bad with a disappointing qualify. I just couldn't get the Abarth to turn. But at the start there's was a big mess in front of me and I found myself fifth after the first corner.
Fulvio was already behind me and we had a nice battle where I even managed to overtake him back. But this alien is of course too fast to hold him longer then two laps but it was nice even so.
After that the Mazda's of Callum, Jari and Robert closed the gap to me and we had a great battle for a lot of laps. I was the slowest but the Mazda's couldn't overtake me because of the straight speed. I don't know about you, guys but I loved it.
I screwed up my pitstop so after that I was behind the Mazda. Only an intense battle with Callum in the last fase of the race made my 2nd stint interesting.

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for joining. Can't wait for the Feldbergring!

Latest News

Back