Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Because I was bribed with a bottle of Scotch whisky, we're going to Thruxton this week.
The Thruxton Circuit is a 3.792 km motor-racing circuit located near the village of Thruxton in Hampshire, England which hosts motorsport events including British Touring Cars and Formula 3 racing. It is often referred to as the "Fastest Circuit in the UK" where drivers can reach speeds of over 190 mph (300 km/h) and has earned the reputation of being a true driver's track.

Thruxton68.png

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.)

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: same as last week, otherwise send me a pm
  • Race server: S.GP Password: same as practice server
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Thruxton, UK
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Thanks for organising tonight's race @HF2000 Han, enjoyed that :thumbsup:

@Kek700 Ernie, I'm so sorry about the massive chop I gave you at Church :( , just seen the replay and thought it was Fulvio giving me me a love tap, but you'd disappeared from Helicorsa and thought I was well past.

tbh honest (not an excuse!), on wide tracks I've noticed Helicorsa doesn't always pick up other cars, will have a search for the alternative some of you guys use, if that's better??

john sry for the hit was one of the rare case of netcode
No problem Fulvio, thought at the time it was a simple racing accident, **** happens :thumbsup: (edit, 'sh1T' was censored :laugh: )

Had a coming together with Allan on the first lap, again, I thought it was one of those racing things; a '1st lap incident', as happens sometimes, so for those caught up in that I'm sorry if it spoiled your race :unsure:

Not sure where I rejoined after the 1st lap jobby (11th, I think?), but really enjoyed trying to get back some places.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

EDIT: Results: https://simresults.net/221026-V9I

Last edited:
Had a great qualifying in a tight field and started P6.

Made a good start and got up to P3 and through T1 safely, or so I thought. I was taken out by a low flying Kimi who was a passenger across the grass after a domino effect with another Abarth then Han.

Rejoined well down and had a short battle with Kimi we had a coming together at the same corner (racing incident, on review, I think) which lost me another chunk of time.

Rather than make an early pit I decided to stay out and find some racing. Eventually got some close racing with Kimi, Robert, Steve and Callum for several laps. Decided to pit but lost focus trying to work out how to get into the pit without impacting anyone, got on the grass and lost more time.

Made two other big mistakes later and ended up contesting P12/P13 with Steve, which I ended up winning.

I'm saving up my good luck, I think!

Thanks for organising, Han, and to all tonight's racers.

After a reasonable start for an Abarth, I was one on those caught up in John and Allan’s altercation on the left side of the track approaching the Complex.
I swerved to the right to avoid contact but that put me in the path of Han who had no chance of avoiding contact. The punt speared me into the barrier at high speed something like the horrific Roman Grosjean crash at Bahrain. I didn’t explode but i was firmly wedged in the barrier and all attempts to reverse out proved useless, so a teleport to the pits was the only option.
From then it was a pretty lonely race trying to make up the 40 seconds to the back of the pack and what might have been but these things happen.
Well done podium and thanks Han for organising.

After a reasonable start for an Abarth, I was one on those caught up in John and Allan’s altercation on the left side of the track approaching the Complex.
I swerved to the right to avoid contact but that put me in the path of Han who had no chance of avoiding contact. The punt speared me into the barrier at high speed something like the horrific Roman Grosjean crash at Bahrain. I didn’t explode but i was firmly wedged in the barrier and all attempts to reverse out proved useless, so a teleport to the pits was the only option.
From then it was a pretty lonely race trying to make up the 40 seconds to the back of the pack and what might have been but these things happen.
Well done podium and thanks Han for organising.
Sorry to hear that Paul :( , not to criticize the modder, but when you hit the barriers the size of the accident is bonkers (collision model??) - I hit at a shallow angle, fairly slow speed blow, and the following carnage was totally out of scale with the car launched into the air (have seen it here before here).

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Paul :( , not to criticize the modder, but when you hit the barriers the size of the accident is bonkers (collision model??) - I hit at a shallow angle, fairly slow speed blow, and the following carnage was totally out of scale with the car launched into the air (have seen it here before here).
No worries John and you are right about the collision aftermaths.
If damage was at 100% I would have been hearing Crew Chief telling me the engine is toast but as it was, I hit the barrier at 90 degrees head on but could not reverse out as the wheels were spinning on the grass.
I think we have all experienced the affect of contact with the barriers at an angle and nine times out of ten you spin 360 degrees or more but still end up nose in the barrier, with a risky reverse back on the track.
But no complaints, it’s still a great sim and I for one am grateful for mods like Thruxton.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Back