Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After the intense and interesting race on the Luccaring last week, we're now going to a normal track that is loved by many: the Okayama International Circuit in Japan.
It's a fast track with an high average speed so it will be interesting to see how the Abarth's can hold their own against the Mazda's.

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

Tyre wear and fuel usage will be 100%. That means that the Abarths will need at least one pitstop.

Okayama-2020.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Okayama, Japan
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
OK then,

just had my first practice session and race simulation with the crest hopping shitbox.

Some observations:

this thing has absolutely Shite suspension.:sick:

I tried to make it more compliant because it makes me feel bumps and bruises in the road which both Mazda and Skippy just "gloss over" If you give it more suspension travel to not ride on the bumpstops all the time it doesn´t have the damping (let alone damping adjustment) to keep the chassis from wallowing.
Whoever brought this thing to a race track deserves to be dug in ass up so that our dutch friends can use him as a bicycle stand :devilish:

This thing makes your realise a "sensitive" brake release or it will add another "understeer assault" at corner entry.

And the most frustrating feeling is when you are in clean air, making progress to the front and then have to pit because the "number guys" couldn´t be assed to give this thing an appropriate tank volume :speechless:

Well, at least "Ernies Suspension Cheats"(TM) got rid of the "surprise kill steer" so I´ll honor my promise and drive this thing at least for one race.

Probably no good will come from this but Word is Word :cool:

See you on the Okayama washboard tarmac Carsten

Last edited:
I'm signed up too! The dog is a lot of work but definitely worth the trouble.

I'll of course take the Abarth again and I'm hoping Ernie's magic setup works out again at this track. I don't know this track very well(did it once I think) but I don't see a mountain section nor chicanes so it should be ok :rolleyes:

Also, the dog does not bark at the wheel or pedal noises from my rig so I'll try to put some practicing before Wednesday ;)

Great to see that many Abarth drivers! I might switch at the last moment to the Mazda myself to balance the numbers a bit.
Oh don't worry Han, you can stay in the Abarth... then I can have a shot at the MX5-podium! :D Unless Allan decides to show up! :confused:

Last edited:
Oh don't worry Han, you can stay in the Abarth... then I can have a shot at the MX5-podium! :D Unless Allan decides to show up! :confused:
That's nice of you, Raul.
But I don't mind. I like both cars. And I haven't driven the MX5 against the Abarth myself yet so it's fine. So take the car you like.

Hy han,

it´s absolutely enough Mazdaists now, so no need for you to chicken out of the Abarth ;)

See you in the threelegging shitbox Carsten
It's 50-50 with me in the Mazda. As soon as another MX5 enters, I'll switch back.

EDIT: switched back to the lovely Italian hot hatchback!

Last edited:
Guys... I must regretfully withdraw from tonight's race due to (once more) a work deadline for tomorrow... :mad: Not happy at all but I'm not young enough to pull all-nighters anymore so, this is the healthier choice. :cry: Looking forward to the after-race reports... have a good one chaps!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I had to leave. My ping was all the way up into the seconds (7k to 9k) and I tried keeping a good pace to stay at the same distance from Paulo in front and Danny behind but everyone was flying around (quite a creepy view I admit) and after having bumped Paulo a couple times I decided to quit. Sorry mate!
I'll start making some check tomorrow as also today when I was working, my connection has been a PITA :speechless::mad:

Last edited:
Cheers for the race everyone. It was mostly a solo session for myself - I don't have the pace to keep up with the regular pack, certainly not on this circuit.

The opening few laps had the added excitement of a yellow MX5 (possibly yourself Omar) spawning in and flying through the air at great speed every couple of seconds, and at one point appearing stationary in front of me half way through the braking zone, but that was about as interesting as it got.

Thanks again for organising it all Han :)

Latest News

Back