Cars Model Replacement shader issues

I want to swap out the main body with a edited one- I just removed the spoiler from the mesh, exported the singular mesh as a FBX. Loaded the FBX into KS editor and applied the original persistence and used a extension config to swap it in to the game

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE= mazda_rx7.kn5,mazda_rx7_lod_B.kn5,mazda_rx7_lod_C.kn5,mazda_rx7_lod_D.kn5
HIDE= GEO_EXT_BODY
INSERT=wing_delete.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=COCKPIT_LR

but looking at it ingame its brighter and looks weird? when trying to do this to interior pices its even worse. I cannot find a single pice of information about this online and even in discord people seem confused. I use blender with all the default settings, except I set it to FBX ALL and limit to selected objects on export

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_ek_akina_14-10-121-19-20-22.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_ek_akina_14-10-121-19-20-22.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r_jt_showroom_19-2-122-15-45-22.png
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r_jt_showroom_19-2-122-15-45-22.png
    842.8 KB · Views: 97
Have you checked the persistence values (mostly ksAmbient and ksDiffuse) are actually the same as the original kn5? CM showroom should let you inspect the objects. I've used CM's kn5 viewer to extract fbx files a few times, edit in Blender and return to game and that works okay, what did you use?

Other than that maybe you're interfering with other ext_config files that tweak the shaders a bit.

Last edited:
Have you checked the persistence values (mostly ksAmbient and ksDiffuse) are actually the same as the original kn5? CM showroom should let you inspect the objects. I've used CM's kn5 viewer to extract fbx files a few times, edit in Blender and return to game and that works okay, what did you use?

Other than that maybe you're interfering with other ext_config files that tweak the shaders a bit.
Thank you for the response! Ive checked that every material value is exactly the same so I know its not that, I think it is something to do with other configs but I have no idea how to fix it. I think I found the configs and I see that for only some materials they had adjustments but I cant make them apply to my config

Attachments

• 1647735426847.png
    1647735426847.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 102
Probably that's the issue, unfortunately I have no idea what you do to resolve that kind of conflict. Unless your material name got changed to EXT_CARPAINT.001 or something like blender sometimes does.

Probably that's the issue, unfortunately I have no idea what you do to resolve that kind of conflict. Unless your material name got changed to EXT_CARPAINT.001 or something like blender sometimes does.
the material name is still the same as it was sadly so tis not the issue- thank you for your response though

Latest News

Back