Cars MINI COOPER JCW Uk Challenge (F56)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pessio submitted a new resource:

MINI COOPER JCW Uk Challenge (F56) - MINI COOPER JCW Uk Challenge (F56)

You want it, you got it!
My last work, build specifically for online racing and leagues.
The upper tier in Uk Mini Challenge, Mini JCW class is a small but dangerous beast, up to 75 hp in a so short wheelbase, you'll be always on the edge!
Physics speaking, it's a mix of rea/guess data and work with real drivers.

"Limited"
Still without any real or fictional skin, only one for skinning purposes

Special thanks to:
@luathas as usual, lot of work on NM and details...

Read more about this resource...

Great work man car looks sweet,
I notice the shadows was lacking a little on the ground so generated some new ones here.

008be96b5bb2a2aca3c076a3433aabf3.jpg

I think the car would also sit better with some camber.

Thanks very much @Pessio. I love Minis, and I love your Minis!
It's hard to explain but the car looks a little... dark to me out on the track. Like I'm looking at it through welding goggles dark sunglasses. It seems like a lot of the detail is crushed, especially the blacks. Even the rear light cluster lenses seem smoked. Anyone else feeling this? It's not my pp filter as other cars look normal.

Also, if you do any updates and have some spare tris, can I please request a few more polys on the wing mirrors? As a VR driver these are always 'in your face' and the ones on your Mini are a little bit origami, if you know what I mean. ;)

Thanks very much @Pessio. I love Minis, and I love your Minis!
It's hard to explain but the car looks a little... dark to me out on the track. Like I'm looking at it through welding goggles dark sunglasses. It seems like a lot of the detail is crushed, especially the blacks. Even the rear light cluster lenses seem smoked. Anyone else feeling this? It's not my pp filter as other cars look normal.

Also, if you do any updates and have some spare tris, can I please request a few more polys on the wing mirrors? As a VR driver these are always 'in your face' and the ones on your Mini are a little bit origami, if you know what I mean. ;)

Screenshot_mini_jcw_challenge_magione_13-1-120-16-42-34.jpg

It's also little dark for me and windshield is too much transparent for my taste.

Screenshot_mini_jcw_challenge_magione_13-1-120-16-43-34.jpg

But CSP shader works fine. Here is my ext_config.ini settings.
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/materials_glass.ini]
[Material_Glass]
Materials = windows
FilmIOR = 2.0
ThicknessMult = 1.5

[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = body
[Material_CarPaint_Solid]
ColoredSpecular = 0.9

T
View attachment 343487
It's also little dark for me and windshield is too much transparent for my taste.

View attachment 343488
But CSP shader works fine. Here is my ext_config.ini settings.
Code:
[INCLUDE: common/materials_glass.ini]
[Material_Glass]
Materials = windows
FilmIOR = 2.0
ThicknessMult = 1.5

[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = body
[Material_CarPaint_Solid]
ColoredSpecular = 0.9
That driver looks tiny sat in there lol like a child.

Hello all, good fella.
Sorry, my enlish is so dumb, in fact, is the "latest", not the last. BTW, could also be the last, dunno if I will have time in the future ( and really wish for a newer moddable simulator ).

@Mascot , what part of the car is too dark? or all? This isn't the first time someone judge my mods to much dark, i know darker tones are more in my taste, even in photography. But i can take in account.
Even for the "polygonal" mirrors, i can check it, being an all rounded car, polygons are really noticeable. But isn't so huge in poly count, so i can try smoothing a bit.

@CC
Car is almost mm perfect, yes, driver isn't so big, but at 100% i had severe clipping of the model in the doors, and arms with the legs. This thing happens also in Kunos models, but i can't stand it, i hate that clipping so i use almost 93% size drivers in my mods

@Mascot , what part of the car is too dark? or all? This isn't the first time someone judge my mods to much dark, i know darker tones are more in my taste, even in photography. But i can take in account.
Even for the "polygonal" mirrors, i can check it, being an all rounded car, polygons are really noticeable. But isn't so huge in poly count, so i can try smoothing a bit.
For me it's the whole car that seems dark, very akin to @DarkSK's first image above. A good gauge is the chrome trim, which looks like chrome in your own preview images but looks mid-dark grey on my car out on the track. It's like everything is absorbing too much light and not reflecting enough of it.
Another indication is the dark lens glass on the rear light cluster and the dim brake light through them. It just seems like something isn't quite right.
It might well be my own settings and how they interact with your shader parameters, but other cars look fine.
If other people think it looks fine then please don't worry about it, I'll lighten the shaders myself a little in CM to brighten it up a bit.

Man I love that Mini. Your eye for detail already showed in your Alfa GTAM and even more in the Pantera
Probably my fav 2019 mod car next to the Singer!

I hope I don't get banned, but (for offline use only!)I only changed the drivetrain data from FWD to RWD. Just one letter!
And that's it.
Sorry. But I now love it even more!:redface:

Cheers
Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back