Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2009 Authentic Paintjobs

Skins Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2009 Authentic Paintjobs 2.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
rapidough submitted a new resource:

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2009 Authentic Paintjobs - Realistic paintjobs for Kunos' 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

The stock paintjobs on Kunos' SLS AMG are pretty job but I just wanted to kick it up a notch. This is one of my favorite German cars and supercars in general. My love for this car all started with Gran Turismo 5!

As far as accuracy goes, I tried my best as always as with all my mods. Similarity to real life for each paintjob ranges from 70-85% accurate. This level of accuracy was accomplished from using the GOATed google images and the wonderful Gran Turismo 5 game.

Also, HUGE thanks to...

Read more about this resource...

quick tip: if you include the plate texture(s) (with its proper filename) in the livery folder there is no need to edit the original kunos KN5.

Btw, It's hard to explain quite how much better these new paints look, it really does put the original kunos options to shame!

quick tip: if you include the plate texture(s) (with its proper filename) in the livery folder there is no need to edit the original kunos KN5.

Btw, It's hard to explain quite how much better these new paints look, it really does put the original kunos options to shame!
Thanks for the tip! Although, I was referring to the actual front plate (which is a 3D model) which I have added to the car by exporting the kn5 then importing it as an fbx yatta yatta yatta and not the texture itself. :)

I am very glad that you find these paints good! However, there is still a lot for me to learn as a noob modder and over time these will look better with future updates as I familarize myself with edting all of these ext_config.ini's. :D

Last edited:
rapidough updated Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2009 Authentic Paintjobs with a new update entry:

Updated all skins to be even more accurate!

In v2.0 with all my new knowledge on editing these paintjobs and extension files, I managed make all of the skins look more true to life. I would say (though hesitantly) all of the paintjobs are at least 90% accurate apart from the matte paintjobs which are close enough to RL but I am personally not satisfied about it.

This is honestly just the beginning, over time as I get better at modding these sorts of things, these will look even better if not spot on! So, stay tuned...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware