Manage CPU usage with high amount of AI

Hey guys, I am posting this to get you tips and ideas on reducing CPU usage when using large amount of AI for Offline races. I do offline enduros, with grids of about 60 cars. Mostly RSS and URD GT3s together, and some multiclass, also with more URD and RSS cars.

I realise RSS and URD cars could be CPU heavy but I do not want to use other cars, as the models, features and sounds on these are great to be with in a race.

I know one of the sure fire ways is to reduce AI but that takes away from the endurance races having larger grids ( more traffic)

Any tips and suggestions would be much appreciated

I did some AC tests with 60 cars a few months ago. I tested @ 3x1440p & 1440p & got the following results:
Nord 60 cars 3x1440p.jpg

Nord 60 cars 1440p.jpg

Hi,
for reducing CPU usage I use AI car's with no CSP , but RSS with evo 2 doesn't diff with CSP or no CSP, with VRC and URD this is not a problem .

I did some AC tests with 60 cars a few months ago. I tested @ 3x1440p & 1440p & got the following results:
View attachment 770431
View attachment 770432
Hey mate, thank you for sharing this information with me.

Based on what I see, the apps and leaderboard seem to have a great effect on the FPS, I have some apps, and substanding for the leaderboard. Would you suggest that fixing that would help? I see this helps the FPS but does it reduce CPU usage as well? Because I am getting low FPS but not very poor. I am getting slow frames at times due to CPU usage.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and help!

Hi,
for reducing CPU usage I use AI car's with no CSP , but RSS with evo 2 doesn't diff with CSP or no CSP, with VRC and URD this is not a problem .
Hi mate, thanks for this info. How to ensure the RSS (non evo2 cars) and URD cars are without CSP? I have 2 versions from VRC so I use the non CSP ones but not sure how to make sure the URD and RSS AI are without CSP

Thanks for helping!

Latest News

Back