AC Lotus 25@Bilster Berg (New Fat-Alfie track), Tue 8st Aug 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
David-Coulthard-Lotus-25-Silverstone.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Welcome to the world premiere a of new @Fat-Alfie track. This is a beta release of the first track he created way back in 2015. It's a modern track - so may feel a bit odd with the Lotus 25. However, its got a great flow and is very challenging.

The Bilster Berg - or Bilster Berg Driving Resort - first opened its gate in 2013. The track is nestled in hills the "Teutoburg Forest" in central Germany close to the city of Paderborn.

Designed by world-famous architect Hermann Tilke, who was supported by rally-legend Walter Röhrl, Bilster Berg is arguably one of Germany's most exciting race tracks.

While Bilster Berg is not holding any official races as of now, the track is hosting events including Track Days, automotive tests and often features in performance car reviews. It's secluded and secure location on top of a little hill make it the perfect spots for development tests as well as television shoots.

The idea for the Bilster Berg Driving Resort came when two friends, Baron von der Borch and Count von Oeynhausen-Sierstorpff took a bike around the former NATO military site on top of Bilster Berg. After Baron von Borch bought back the sight from the British Army in the 90s it lie idle for years and was ready for a revamp. The idea to build a racetrack was born.

To get the most out of it, the two visited famous architect Hermann Tilke. After initial hesitation and doubt that the local constituency will grant a building permit for a new race track (the first in western Germany since 80 years), a site-visted convinced him to join the project. Shortly after, Walter Röhrl joined as well to provide more input on what the track should look like.

It took more than 7 years and almost €35 million to finish the track which in the end was financed by a consortium of almost 200 private - partially international - investors. After a tough approval process, Bilster Berg opened on the 11th April 2013.

Bilster Berg is very special to say the least. Driving the track, it feels like you don't have a second of breathing time. Across it's 4.2km in length, the track boasts 19 corners as well as 44 crests and troughs. To top it all off, one of its most famous corners the "Mausefalle" i.e. "Mousetrap" is, for the lack of a better word and with 26% gradient, a sheer drop.

This event will be hosted by @JamKart22

1690971660420.png

1690972009903.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/9bb3057a-a150-40ca-845c-17ce1767e64b?server=1 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars:
    • Lotus 25
  • Track: Bilster berg, Germany https://www.mediafire.com/file/vx70xqol3ohi3fa/bilsterberg_2020.7z/
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: mandatory, at least 1 liter of fuel.

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Attachments

• 1690971246895.png
    1690971246895.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Are you kidding me?

Another Thielke abomination :mad:

Don´t worry, the "Pope of driving" Walter Röhrl safed the day :D

Only reason I havn´t suggested it is that the mod I have is "a bit shady" and was passed around "under the counter"

I´ll alert a friend of mine who drives his Elise there and ask his opinion.
(though we probably will have to wait until after real driving season :rolleyes:)

Oh, Bilster Berg! So what's the story on this track, I thought it was commissioned work and would never see a general release? Does this mean it's coming or is it just a special treat for RD premium members?
I'm on holiday so can't join the race sadly, but seeing "new fat alfie track" certainly piqued my interest :)

Oh, Bilster Berg! So what's the story on this track, I thought it was commissioned work and would never see a general release? Does this mean it's coming or is it just a special treat for RD premium members?
I'm on holiday so can't join the race sadly, but seeing "new fat alfie track" certainly piqued my interest :)
It's a beta version of the track but good enough for us.

As this is a beta version of the track can you please log any issues here so we can ensure it's stable enough for a 60min race?

From my own experience...
1) AC has crashed twice as I exited the pits. Note the server was still running
2) It's also twice teleported me back to the pits as it thought I was going the wrong way - again as I exited the pits.

We might be able to avoid these issues by scrapping the pitstop for this race.

Last edited:
As this is a beta version of the track can you please log any issues here so we can ensure it's stable enough for a 60min race?

2) It's also twice teleported me back to the pits as it thought I was going the wrong way - again as I exited the pits.

Well I couldn't get out the pit lane today without penalties and crashing. I had to reverse out of the pits to gets some laps in :)

Worked fine in offline mode so something weird is going on.

I assume no-one else has seen this problem?

Well I couldn't get out the pit lane today without penalties and crashing. I had to reverse out of the pits to gets some laps in :)

Worked fine in offline mode so something weird is going on.

I assume no-one else has seen this problem?
I've only done some laps online. During the bend exiting the pits I get a wrong way sign but it goes away lets' say 50 meters before rejoining the track. I don't get penalties. Maybe you need to take the bend faster :p

just tried and had the same problems. for some reason it thinks you are going the wrong way in pit exit, there is a white line towards the end of the pit, all problems start after that, I'm assuming that is the line where the pit limiter stops/pit exit.

I also eventually crashed right as i crossed that white line but it could be the case of being kicked for to many penalty's

Last edited:
just tried and had the same problems. for some reason it thinks you are going the wrong way in pit exit, there is a white line towards the end of the pit, all problems start after that, I'm assuming that is the line where the pit limiter stops/pit exit.

I also eventually crashed right as i crossed that white line but it could be the case of being kicked for to many penalty's
Same here, the first time out the pits I get the penalty, then it crashes as I try to exit the pits the second time.

Only tried it offline and can confirm one way sign issue. It hasn't sent me back or crashed but probably because i have always had to teleport myself back to the pits out of frustration as I cannot complete a competitive lap with any consistency ha ha

First lap I did online I got the warning, then sent to pits with a 30s penalty. Then the next few times I left the pits I got the warning but no penalty.

Very fun track! Tough in this car with it sliding everywhere.

I've switched off the mandatory pitstop for the race.

Don't forget to sign up.

Latest News

Back