Looking for my first sim rig! Racing/Flying.

Hey all,

Im currently looking at getting my first proper sim rig, i currently have a wheel stand pro with a logitech g29 and feel like its time for a upgrade.

However i am also looking for a driving rig that has the ability to also be a flight sim rig, my current flight stick is a Thrustmaster warthog.

I would like the abilty to have the wheel and pedals all setup and have the throttle of the Warthog always attached and then have the flight stick easily mounted between my legs.

Ive looked at track racer rigs and although they seem good for driving i couldnt see any that offered the chance to attach the flight stick, ive also looked at simlabs and the Gt1 Evo cockpit seemed nice and not hugely over budget though the single arm not being connected to the base seems like it could be a little weak for a flight stick throttle as it is pretty heavy also the throttle is usually on the left and it looks like the arm is on the right or can that be switched sides.

Does anyone have some suggestions of a rig to get in the UK for roughly £800 with a seat.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

This highly customized Sim-Labs profile rig is for sim racing and flight:

Should give you lots of ideas.

GODSPEED!

I just finished adding mounts for a H.O.T.A.S. to my rig. Trak Racer does have the option for mounting flight controls on the left and/or right. You could do something similar to what I did, but for center mounting the flight stick. I might even do that after I downsize the big base of the Logitech X56.
I used linear bearings with lock levers from 8020.net, they used up half my budget for a H.O.T.A.S., but I can quickly and easily change from driving to flying and back.

mount_r.jpg
mount_l.jpg
seat_fwd.jpg

Storage.
storage.jpg

Shifter can be loosened and slid forward.
shifter.jpg

KO

I just finished adding mounts for a H.O.T.A.S. to my rig. Trak Racer does have the option for mounting flight controls on the left and/or right. You could do something similar to what I did, but for center mounting the flight stick. I might even do that after I downsize the big base of the Logitech X56.
I used linear bearings with lock levers from 8020.net, they used up half my budget for a H.O.T.A.S., but I can quickly and easily change from driving to flying and back.

View attachment 602041View attachment 602040View attachment 602042

Storage.
View attachment 602044

Shifter can be loosened and slid forward.
View attachment 602043

KO
That looks awesome and seems to be the best way to go. Thank you for sharing.

Adding throttle and stick left and right should be pretty easy and can be left on the rig all the time. A center stick would be more difficult and obviously needs to be removable.

I started with that configuration before spending more time on a more complex setup.

Latest News

Back