Looking for DIY Plans to Add TL to SFX-100

Surprized there is such little interest on this. This seems like it would be the " next step" for SFX rigs? I have to think construction would be straight forward, A few profiles laid flat and connected together, Some al flat plate, some rollers, and a pivot. I know there has been a few builds, but it would be nice if we had a standard build, with parts list, and some adruino instructions so everyone's on the same page, I guess the trick part is a standard SFX actuator would have to be modded for push pull somehow?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure what to use for a pivot joint. I've searched the 8020 site and couldn't come up with anything in the results. Also don't see anything like those cups that the PT-Actuator setups have.

Upvote 0
@Tronicgr_6DOF Looks like all PT Actuator gear? not "DIY" right? Could I get those pivot points somewhere?

You could get a baby monster actuator only and ask them to subtract the AMC-AASD15A controller cost if you already have one...

The mechanics, you could ask for some of the parts (links, joints etc) and do the rest on your own to save costs.

Upvote 0
I guess I can make my own cups from extrusions and 3D print new feet. I guess my biggest issue would be getting that swivel joint and the right size casters.

Seems like I'm looking for something like this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They would be used the same as a castor. These will move in any direction and support 1100kg each. The ball faces down. The ones I got looked the same (salvaged) but they are new. What ever plating they used (manufacturer) is coming off. However the 38mm ball is perfect. And I am happy with them. New they are about $72 ea. I made the guy a offer and he accepted. I am in the US so shipping was not a problem.
Here is a video. At about 1min 15sec into the video they show them being used in a car lift.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I am using them as castors. I am still building the platform. But I am basing some of the build on this guys design. He goes by the name "HOCKY" and I would love to find out where he hangs out at so I could ask him a few hundred questions about his build. Check out his channel from the video below. If you carefully watch all the videos you can pretty much piece together all of his design..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Back