List of Games That Support (officially or unofficially) Pimax VR Headsets

The recent mixed reality thread here got me thinking about trying VR again. I currently use 3x 27", 1800R curved, 1440p, Nvidia 3D Vision 2 monitors. I might buy a cheap, used Pimax to experiment and compare with my current setup and, if I decide to move over to VR, then I'll purchase either the upcoming Pimax 12K or Pimax Crystal (or possibly another brand if they go up to at least 130 degrees h.FOV).

The thing is, I play lots of older games and I'm wondering which games can be used with VR headsets. I know AMS1 has a mod which makes it work with VR stereo vision. What about other games?

Can we get confirmation on which games will work with VR, specifically a Pimax headset (does the headset being used even matter?)

Games
Assetto Corsa - Yes
Assetto Corsa Competizione - Yes
Automobilista 1 - Yes
Automobilista 2 - Yes
Dirt 4
Dirt Rally 1 - Yes
Dirt Rally 2.0 - Yes
F1 2017
F1 2018
F1 2019
F1 2020
F1 2021
F1 2022 - Yes
F1 Challenge 99-02
GT Legends
GTR 1
GTR 2 - Yes
IRacing - Yes
KartKraft - Yes
Live For Speed - Yes
Netkar Pro
Project Cars 1 - Yes
Project Cars 2 - Yes
Project Cars 3
RFactor 1
RFactor 2 - Yes
Race 07 / Race Injection
Raceroom Racing Experience - Yes
Richard Burns Rally
WRC 7
WRC 8
WRC 9
WRC 10
WRC Generations
Wreckfest

I'll update the list as we go.

Last edited:
List updated.

Raceroom Racing Experience, Project Cars 1, and Dirt Rally 1 can all use VR. Pretty sure they all run VR natively as well.

Last edited:
RBR has a VR mod that works really good, I'm quite sure also GTR2 got some VR mod, pCars3 also has VR support (I'd think the VR mod is for gmotor, so maybe also rFactor1/GTR can be run in VR)

EDIT: I started using VR with the oculus CV1, recently got a reverb G2" and - if you have the PC to run it - it's simply GREAT.
But to run at 100% steamVR resolution (that's about 1.4x headset resolution due to the need to compensate for lens distortion) you have to compromise with ingame settings:
on RTX 3080 12GB, AMD 3900X i can run AMS2 with everything at medium, MSAA low, but for perfect clarity it'd need MSAA medium and this would give very inconstant 67-ish FPS and feel really bad in VR. Also rf2 and RBR needed some time to find the right settings to get constant 75+ FPS (constant is the key, even 85 FPS can be bad if the maximum frametimes are high)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back