Lenovo Explorer as VR?

Hi guys,

I ran into a Lenovo Explorer to buy for not much money. Never used vr and I thought it would be nice.
So I looked at reviews and "5 best vr for simracing" articles; Lenovo seems pretty okay.

Now those articles are not always realistic and so -before buying- I thought I'd ask the experts over here!
Do you have experience, do you know this stuff, anything you can tell me; please do so.

Yes, I realise some other sets are better, but that is out of my reach; it "has to be" this one or none.
So, is it doable or should I just keep the monitor best?

Thanks guys!

• Deleted member 1066209

I've never used the Lenovo Explorer, so I cannot provide any comments on that. However, I would like to ask about your current PC's specifications. VR is a very resource-intensive, and will surely strain your graphics card.

Ah, thats a good one, thank you!
As far as I know, it "should be okay".........theoretically........

Okay, don't laugh,
i5 3570 4 core stock
8 Gb 1600Mhz ram
GTX 1070 8Gb stock

• Deleted member 1066209

Is the headset's price low enough that you wouldn't mind throwing the money away, instead?

I'm a bit concerned that your PC's specs might not provide an optimal experience. I've looked at the recommended specs for the headset and your PC does seem to meet the requirements. However, I think sim racing games tend to be more resource intensive than other VR games and apps, which are what the "recommend system specs" typically have in mind.

I think you'll be able to use the headset, but likely at low settings. I'm sure you'll enjoy the VR experience, despite the low graphics quality. However, like I said earlier, I don't have any experience with the Lenovo Explorer, so this is just an educated guess (maybe educated is a stretch....).

If you're not going to be financially burdened (and possibly having buyer's remorse) after acquiring the headset, then I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy it.

Latest News

Back