Le Mans 2024

trichens

Premium
How many of us are off to Le mans for this weekend?
I'm arriving Thursday morning...
Weather forecast indicates it might be wet.
Not a lot of shelter so make sure you pack your wellies and waterproof jackets?

Got wet..very wet... and windy.
Road car got damaged by flying gazebo (party tent)... not happy but that's life I guess.

What are people's views on red flag v extended safety car that happened Sunday morning when the rain hit?

Incidently, Radio Le Mans radio coverage (listened to it afterwards on the podcast) was horrendous. I won't fault their broadcast for anything during the ridiculous 4.5 hour safety car, but when the race was actually going, they had interview after interview (commercials?) And in between, they were barely talking about the race, except at the very beginning and the very end. I think people were complaining on X, and John Hindhaugh chastised them and said if you want to know what's going on in the race, they should watch it and that their broadcast is an interview show.

I have very little respect for him now, and on a side note, honestly, the current crop of British elitist commentators are getting old .. with some blabbering away at a million miles an hour about nothing .

By the way, to stress the point,while casually listening at work, I didn't even know the safety car was lasting that long because the lack of racing content (during the SC) was no different than the lack of racing content during actual racing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back