Laser scanned tracks

Hello friends,
today I drove the release version of Automobilista 2 and was happy about the good driving experience. I can report that almost all vehicles have 4 tires and a steering wheel that ideally points in the direction of travel. ;-)

I almost have the feeling that Automobilista 2 achieves a simulation level of rFactor 2, only has a nicer graphic. But to determine that exactly, more tests are needed.

But now to the tracks themselves. We don't need to argue about the sense or nonsense of laser-scanned tracks. Everyone has their own preferences. I am always happy about laser-scanned tracks.

Is it known whether Automobilista 2 offers laser scanned tracks and, if so, which ones?

Cheers
GermansInAction

Last edited:
It's a very good question actually. I personally like laser-scanned tracks because of the better immersion it gives.

I've heard they use, for some recent tracks (Jerez by example) LIDAR data but they do not scan themself the tracks (unlike iRacing).

Topic discussed on the Reiza forum

I don't know what LIDAR is, but basically it is fine for me if a publisher uses external data. The only thing that matters to me is the accuracy of the scanned data. I now consider laser scanned tracks to be "state of the art". In my opinion, they give the Simracer a higher feeling of being real.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%