Jidé 1600 S

Cars Jidé 1600 S 1.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
rnoir submitted a new resource:

Jidé 1600 S - 70s kit car for road and competition

In 1969 Jacques DURAND presented the Jidé, a car he had created inspired by the Ford GT40 that had won at Le Mans. It was designed on the basis of a tubular chassis fixed to a fiberglass load-bearing shell. The Gordini 1600 S version, more expensive at the time than an Alpine 1600, was a formidable competitor in competition. In 1972, a Jidé driven by Henri Rimaudière won the Rallye du Poitou, ahead of Alpines and Porsches. The same year, a Jidé entrusted to Jean Ragnotti finished 7th overall...

Read more about this resource...

superb little car, just one problem: the windscreen wipers are reversed as they are for right-hand drive.
And the lods are much too big, there's no need to put the textures in the lods, they're loaded from LOD A.

Last edited:
This was a really nice surprise. Drives great - not sure if the actual car is like this, but it feels realistic. It also sounds great.

The only issue I noticed is that the damage rpm seems a bit too low. I damaged the engine a bit on regular downshifting. Not sure if it's meant to be that way or not, though.

Another small note: there is no dedicated rim blur for the other rim colors (it's orange by default). I modified them myself, for personal use, if they can be useful I'll send them to you.

superb little car, just one problem: the windscreen wipers are reversed as they are for right-hand drive.
And the lods are much too big, there's no need to put the textures in the lods, they're loaded from LOD A.
Traduire du texte avec votre appareil photo

Ok, I'll check all that.

This was a really nice surprise. Drives great - not sure if the actual car is like this, but it feels realistic. It also sounds great.

The only issue I noticed is that the damage rpm seems a bit too low. I damaged the engine a bit on regular downshifting. Not sure if it's meant to be that way or not, though.
Thanks for your return ! This is a problem I already had on the Alpines, I'll see if I can correct it. Thanks again anyway.
Another small note: there is no dedicated rim blur for the other rim colors (it's orange by default). I modified them myself, for personal use, if they can be useful I'll send them to you.
Yes i'm interested! Thanks for that.

Thank you for this fantastic little car. It's really fun to drive. But I noticed a little bug. The inside of the doors are reflecting the street. You can fix this by moving the door meshes to COCKPIT_HR in the ext_config.ini

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = porte G paint int, porte D paint int
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

Thank you for this fantastic little car. It's really fun to drive. But I noticed a little bug. The inside of the doors are reflecting the street. You can fix this by moving the door meshes to COCKPIT_HR in the ext_config.ini

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = porte G paint int, porte D paint int
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR
Thanks to you! It works well for reflections but the internal parts of the doors no longer open. I will think about the problem.

Very cool looking and fun car, well done!!

I've noticed a small problem with the stitching on the seats, noticable in VR when it starts flickering...

stitching.png

Hi rnoir,

Thanks for making such a cute car. We just raced it at Fonteny.

Noticed a couple of very minor issues.

The driver is not centred in the seat.

The front brakes cast a very bright glow on to the road.

Apart from that it's fabulous.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
rnoir updated Jidé 1600 S with a new update entry:

Jidé 1600 S

Update 1.1:

Thank you all for your feedback! It helped me improve this mod.

- LODS are optimized. Thanks to @Alguecool for his explanations!
- Fixed blur color of rims other than orange. Thanks to @FrankN2O for his files!
- The driver has been improved for VR users. Thanks to @Masscot for his work!
- Fixed issue with reflection of internal parts of doors:

View attachment 776645

- The position of the seat seams has been corrected.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does anyone else have problems with the side window glass? Driving in first person, the windows remain with a fixed image... :cry:

EDIT: Easy solution if anyone have the same problem: Open the car in Showroom CM, click in the interior glass (green squared zone), click in the three dots next to "Transparent" (red circled), click "Toggle transparency and update KN5" to make the texture appear as "yes" transparent, and voilà, fixed...

Captura.JPG

Of course it must be done in both windows, logically...

Thanks for improving this little gem! :)

Last edited:
Does anyone else have problems with the side window glass? Driving in first person, the windows remain with a fixed image... :cry:

EDIT: Easy solution if anyone have the same problem: Open the car in Showroom CM, click in the interior glass (green squared zone), click in the three dots next to "Transparent" (red circled), click "Toggle transparency and update KN5" to make the texture appear as "yes" transparent, and voilà, fixed...

View attachment 776736

I'll check that, thank you!

View attachment 776736

Has not worked for me for some reason. I use VR, surely it should be the same solution?

I'll check that, thank you!
Probably the best mod this year so thank you very much. Please do check the side window problem as it is now undrivable in VR. I used the Perico Lospa fix and although it now says trasparent it did not cure the issue for me. thanks again for this mod.

Latest News

Back