Is Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition worth a buy on PlayStation?

I use GT7 on my PS5, and dabble with ACC on both PS5 and PC. I tend to like the just jump. In ease on the PlayStation, so tend to use that mostly.

With the original Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition (PS4) currently in the summer sale for cheap, is it worth a purchase? I have it on PC, but like I said prefer the jump in nature and ease of the PS5.

I assume the PS version can't be modded, but is there any community or online play on it at all?

Is it good to use as a 'driving school' to help improve my racing and craft (as a beginner sim racer)?

As you have it already on PC you can only loose when buying also the console version.

I started on console out of the very same reasons as you to have a streamlined and easy experience because I´n "so not a PC person"). (Offline only at this time)
But I caved after four month and bought a PC and triples. The triple screen setup was the first motivation but it extended quickly to mod usage and later only racing. The way to the "PC Master Race" (extremely stupid and hurtfull name in my eyes, I´ll never use it again) was hard, but there´s no alternative to use AC Classic to it´s full potential.

I gave my PS4 away quickly afterwards.

I can´t comment on the online aspects of AC classic on PS, but for the other reasons I coould never go back.

As you have it already on PC you can only loose when buying also the console version.

I started on console out of the very same reasons as you to have a streamlined and easy experience because I´n "so not a PC person"). (Offline only at this time)
But I caved after four month and bought a PC and triples. The triple screen setup was the first motivation but it extended quickly to mod usage and later only racing. The way to the "PC Master Race" (extremely stupid and hurtfull name in my eyes, I´ll never use it again) was hard, but there´s no alternative to use AC Classic to it´s full potential.

I gave my PS4 away quickly afterwards.

I can´t comment on the online aspects of AC classic on PS, but for the other reasons I coould never go back.
I will probably only play casually on the PS5, and use my PSVR2 for GT7, but also intend to use it for AC and ACC as it can apparently utilise a screen mode that is more immersive. I also intend to purchase the Sony PSVR2 to PC adapter once it's released in a couple of weeks (recognising it has certain features unavailable like eye tracking, HDR, and haptic feedback). However, without these, it's still a great VR headset, so intend to use it for both PS5 and PC at that time.

I just prefer the easy jump in of console gaming for now, and it's less of a barrier to get me racing and practising, which would be my main use for the game.

Do you use a wheel or a contoller? Either way, I would *think* that they would feel very different (PS5 version and PC version) and practicing on PS5 will not translate to PC, as far as the way the cars "feel". You will get experience with track layouts though, learning the (Kunos) tracks. But I don't have AC on playstation, so I don't know for sure.

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 244 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 150 24.2%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 265 42.8%
  • Graphics

Votes: 189 30.5%
  • Car customization

Votes: 187 30.2%