DiRT Rally 2.0 I have Dirt Rally, should I buy Dirt Rally 2.0 on Winter sale? (20 hours to go)

Should I bother buying this? i've heard the physics are better in Dirt Rally 1 than 2.0, then FBB also better... only posiitve thing is it looks better, that its what i've heard, so im not sure.

The FFB is certainly better in DR1, and certain things in 2.0 are better too such as the physics of the mid engined cars (those that were poor like the 037 and a few others), the feel on asphalt is better, and on gravel for me a bit worse, the rallycross is much improved.

But for me the game is not as good, it is close. But a step back, looks prettier, but it seems they want to push heavy rain on you at every chance which is boring and in some cars undriveable and simply not much fun, stages are not as flowing as before, they seem to be either very tight, or very fast and narrow.

I would get it on sale yes, the DLC model is pathetic, basically offering pretty much all DR1 content for a paid amount, yes there is new stuff but that alone is not worth it. But if you get a deal for say game and seasons 1 and 2 for 20 quid, it's worth it.

Just don't expect it to blow you away immersion wise as DR1 did for me.

The FFB is certainly better in DR1, and certain things in 2.0 are better too such as the physics of the mid engined cars (those that were poor like the 037 and a few others), the feel on asphalt is better, and on gravel for me a bit worse, the rallycross is much improved.

But for me the game is not as good, it is close. But a step back, looks prettier, but it seems they want to push heavy rain on you at every chance which is boring and in some cars undriveable and simply not much fun, stages are not as flowing as before, they seem to be either very tight, or very fast and narrow.

I would get it on sale yes, the DLC model is pathetic, basically offering pretty much all DR1 content for a paid amount, yes there is new stuff but that alone is not worth it. But if you get a deal for say game and seasons 1 and 2 for 20 quid, it's worth it.

Just don't expect it to blow you away immersion wise as DR1 did for me.

Looks like i'll pass. I've also heard the VR sucks compared to DR1 to boot as well.

• Deleted member 197115

Looks like i'll pass. I've also heard the VR sucks compared to DR1 to boot as well.
VR is much better than DR1, so are physics, ffb, and graphics.
You have 2 hours to try it out and draw your own conclusion.

Being honest a few reviewers who I rate have said WRC8 is better, stages are better, there are more of them, more difficult.

For me 2.0 is easier in some ways, the better handling makes it so, not everywhere but in certain locations.

The incessant heavy rain and the poor effects that gives mean I just ignore those stages, and the fact you now can't find out what stage the daily is, what weather etc means they just lose me from those. For the freak aliens who know every stages like Silverstone only, weird geeks. I used to like practising a stage a couple of times, then trying a daily, that has been removed, for obvious reason, but still, I would never do fog, heavy rain as I simply did not enjoy it, it was a chore, and that is not why I play games.

I would try WRC 8, problem is it is not on Steam for a year, so no offers probably.

Speaking about offers, on January Humble Trove (ex monthly), Dirt 2.0 is listed as a possible choise.

With basic subscription (14 €) i might could bring it along with other 2 games (so basically less than 5€), buuuuut, i feel that without the 4 scam season packs game will be lacking of content and occupied unused space (the double of first Dirt).
I love the first Dirt, but by reading (and seen comparison videos) a lot of things about Dirt 2.0 could disappoint and made strong the idea that first Dirt was an accident on the "sim" side of rally game's niche...

• Deleted member 197115

DR 2.0 had a rocky start but most things including FFB and VR are fixed by now.
In my book it's a true successor to original DR with many improvements on the top.
Many dislike paid DLCs idea for some content already included in original DR, but don't take into account that DR 2.0 had new content in base game. I've made a post a while back comparing content in both.
It might not be fully up to date though

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware