How to increase the number of input devices

Hello everyone! Please tell me if there is any way to increase the number of input devices. I have a steering wheel, base, pedals, sequential and shifter from different manufacturers, but the game only allows four, one of which is the keyboard, which means three. Actually, I am interested in three simulators rFactor, Race 07, GTR2. They all see only three devices. Thanks.

Last edited:
There's no way of increasing number of devices seen by those games that I know of, but there's workaround that works for me perfectly - everythng works and I even have dual clutch for modern cars and 90% of BMW M4 GT3 rim capabilities working.

The strategy is to use devreorder to make sure first 3 devices are axis devices, such as steering wheel, pedals and handbrake. All other devices can then be mapped to keyboard using Joy2Key (buttons, shifters, switches etc). And then, if I map some rim button for DRS to key "Y", I then use 'Y" in game bindings to engage DRS, not the button (it is often necessary, because game only sees up to 32 buttons (I am guessing), but some buttons are way higher than that). Devreorder can be found here: https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder

Another nice thing about devreorder is that it helps preserving controller mappings with USB order changes. Recently, my PCIE USB board died and I had to get another one. To my annoyance, that changed pedals/wheel order. Instead of redoing mappings in all of my GTR2 drops I simply used devreorder to set fixed device order.

Last edited:
Oh, thank you! I didn't even hope to solve this problem anymore. I will definitely try this program. I use Xpadder myself to assign keyboard buttons.

@The Iron Wolf Thank you very much. Devreorder program has helped a lot. In fact, she did everything that was required of her. But another problem arose. I've checked all three games: Race 07 everything works, as well as the assigned keys on the keyboard to the sequential box and shifter using JoyToKey and Xpadder programs. I've used them one at a time and they both work. But in Rfactor and GTR2 JoyToKey and Xpadder do not work.. I assigned the keys to transfer down and up (X and S), opened a text file to check and when pressing the sequential box, the characters were printed, but the game does not see these clicks. Have you ever had such a thing and maybe you can recommend something? Thank you.

Last edited:
Glad to heear you're making progress.

I am not familiar with xpadder, but one thing to note is that if you run game as administrator, you need to run all tools that interact with the game as admin as well, otherwise some things may not be allowed - such as non admin app cannot send input to admin app.

If you are running GTR2 with Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin, running as admin is no longer needed.

Latest News

Back