Heusinkveld Sprints on GT Omega Art? Possible or would flex too much?

Hi.

I have GT Omega Art cockpit and my pedals (T-LCM) are starting to fail. I'm looking at different load cell pedals, from Sprints, Forte, to cheaper DC and new Fanatec Elite V2.

Because I consider simracing a hobby, I would rather spend more, buy Sprints and be happy for next 3+ years. But I have 2 questions.

The first: If I buy Sprints Baseplate, would the baseplate provide enough rigidity to ART pedals tray? Or would it flex?

I race in socks so my second question is if the Sprints are socks friendly?

If anyone has this combination, I would appreciate your experience with the pedals on a very cheap rig like GT Omega ART.

I don´t have direct experience with your rig, but from the product pictures I´d "guesstimate" that you would need to drill new mounting holes for the Sprints
and that pedal deck, seat and frame rails would flex massively if you try to come close to the max forces possible with the pedals.

BUT the HSVs also work great with lowers forces, just use softer/longer rubbers and calibrate for less than 65kgs max force. Than you can decide if you want to reinforce the rig you have or upgrade to a new one.

I vote for the HSV´s, two year plus happy owner here

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. Looking at Sprints manual, baseplate has mounting holes on the brackets that are compatible with Thrustmaster T3PA. So mounting on the pedal tray is possible without drilling any new holes.

HE Sprints have 120kg loadcell, but max braking force on the pedal itself is 65kg. On GT Omega website for ART cockpit, they are saying Fanatec V3 are supported, but I can't find any user feedback if there is a problem with the flex.

Heusinkveld Ultimate Baseplate looks much more rigid since it is one piece. Sprints Baseplate on the other hand, is actually three (four) pieces. Heelplate, pedalplate/backplate (where you mount the pedals) and on the bottom, there are 2 mounting rails.

In this picture, it looks like you have to use the spacers, but this so if you want to raise the heelplate.

Boosted media, timestamp mounting:

So Gt Omega Art is compatible with Sprints mounting baseplate. But because it's not one rigid piece and because ART pedal tray is so thin, I worry I'll buy them, but there will be too much flex to be used properly and enjoyably.

Matt,

Get the Sprints plus baseplate. You can deffo make the pedals as soft as Fanatec V3's. You can then adjust the forces involved via software/bushes to the best point before flex. If you have to you could easily put a steel plate to reinforce the pedal tray in the future - the options are kinda unlimited.

If it means that you plan for a (distant) future rig swap to a profile etc, then you've one less thing to worry about 2 or 3 years down the line.

Someone is currently selling a profile rig 2nd hand for 150 - your ART is still worth some of that, and you will even be able to reuse the seat on something new, and still likely sell the ART for at least a portion of the swap.

If you're going to stick with the hobby - it's a decent route upward, even if it takes years.

Heusinkveld Ultimate Baseplate looks much more rigid since it is one piece. Sprints Baseplate on the other hand, is actually three (four) pieces. Heelplate, pedalplate/backplate (where you mount the pedals) and on the bottom, there are 2 mounting rails.
The Ultimate baseplate is indeed stronger, as it has to handle 2/3rds more force. However, the Sprint baseplate is perfectly capable of handling the forces of the Sprint pedals. The 'folded over' sections of the Sprint baseplate add a lot of rigidity.

As for mounting, you can find the mounting dimensions of the Sprint baseplate in the manual on the support page of our website. You can then compare these to the existing holes in your rig.

I have an ART, and the Moza SRPs but modded quite heavily because I need little travel, lots of force.

I was thinking of upgrading my pedals but realised I could just make adjustments to mine to get the right feeling.

Found your post because using full force on the brakes makes the pedal deck flex a little, not enough to make braking hard but more than I’d like.

Currently looking at if anyone has upgraded their deck,

I have an idea to make a new plate from aluminium profile, will post whatever I end up doing to strengthen the plate to my liking.
1667045437182.jpeg

I pull the trigger and bought them from Heukinkveld site. Currently, if you buy Team Redline edition, baseplate is free.

Will report how is the flex.
I bought these a couple of weeks ago due to the free baseplate and the current exchange rate with the USD. Once I got the pedal plate on my cockpit to stop flexing the pedals are great. The second thing, that baseplate it terrible and needs to be changed as mounting it is such a pain that my pedal excitement was replaced by frustration. One of the amazing things on these pedals, is I received them in 3 days to the US. I don’t get things from Amazon that fast much of the time.

I sold my CS V3 with brake performance kit to a friend, and he is using them on the Art. He says the flex is minimal and he hasn’t modded anything.

Last edited:
Yeah, mounting the Sprint footplate is a little bit of finagling.

I used hex bolts instead of Inbus, so you can use a spanner to tighten.

I wouldn´t go overboard with the strenghtening of the pedal plate, if you get it stiff enough the next thing to flex will be the base frame and the seat.

You´ll get the benefits of the Sprints without going to stiff so that the flex in the whole system will be a problem.

If you really wanted to max out the brake force we´d be talking 120x40, better 160x40 profile rigs.
Which is absolutely not necessary to have a good experience.

MFG Carsten

Report: Pedal tray flex is not a problem in itself. The problem is the whole construction. When I brake, the whole front end flexes a little so that my wheel goes up a couple of mm. When driving, it's not noticable. But I would use like that long term. However, since simracing is my hobby from ~2018, I'll upgrade to a proper 80/20 profile rig. Hopefully, in a couple of months if nothing unexpected happens, financially wise.

Regarding Pedals itself. The feeling is much more immersive, but 50kg braking force (you see it in the software) is a lot less than what I imagined. I have to have some pedal travel, and I think the brake have it just enough, not too little not too much. Accelerator has a nice mechanical resistance to it, and you feel like you're really pushing gas in a racecar.

Thanks for your Feedback ;)

A short term/low buck solution could be to bolt two 2x4s under the length of the rig.

That should reduce the "bucking" to ignoreable levels until the better rig is there.

(Better don't look to closely into other sources of flex, it can get only more expensive as more weak points emerge. If you can live with the status quo, do it until the upgrade train rolls again :rolleyes:)

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Art.png

Quick MsPaint to illustrate where the flex occurs. When I brake, the whole outer arms that are holding wheel deck flexes just a little so you notice your wheel moves up a bit. And because of the lever effect, you probably wouldn't notice if looking just at wheel deck, but looking at wheel rim, it goes up by a couple of mm.

Latest News

Back