Cars Help needed, wiper animation, odd texture and missing bits.

Hi,
I am new to modding and have taken it upon myself to update the old URD EGT mod and the PX mod with working wipers. Currently the subject of my playing around is the urd_px2_loire which does not even have a wiper object. I know this is payware, so I am doing this purely for my own use to enjoy them with CSP Rain_FX. So first things first. I use Blender 3 and unpacked the model using Content Manager. I have gone through various tutorials, most notably the following:

by SHADOWxlxHUNTER
by Captain Nugget
and a pdf file on making wipers: that I think I may have found on Racedepartment or GTPlanet but that link escapes me now. I can add the google drive link but cannot give the author the credit he deserves, so I am hesitant to do so.

Issue no 1. Animating wipers.

I added the wiper model and separated the various wiper objects. Added two empties, created the hierarches and managed to get the animation to work within blender. I then export the whole car as a FBX file.

As per the pdf file tutorial, I select all the wiper objects including empties and export them using the ksanim plugin that I found on Racedepartment. When I check animation in game, the wiper animation works correctly, but the orientation is flipped back 90 degrees away from the windshield as per the image below in game or in the showroom. When I select only the wiper empties and export those, it does the exact same thing...

Wiper_position_KsAnm_export.png

As per the YouTube tutorial I export only the empties as a FBX file. When those are imported into KsEditor as the FBX animation, nothing is animated. This is also the case is if import all the wiper objects. When I look at the components of the model in KsEditor, Before importing the FBX animation, I can see the wiper objects ,the parent empties and the axis orientation looks correct... I think.
Blender axis:

Wiper_Axis_Blender.png

KsEditor Axis for both empties and the scene.
Scene:
KS_Editor_Scene_root_XYZ.png

Wiper base:
KS_Editor_WIPER_Base_XYZ.png

Wiper blade:
KS_Editor_WIPER_Blade_XYZ.png

When I load the animation FBX file, nothing seems to change on the scene hierarchy though, so I assume that the FBX file is imported as no error is generated.
Blender hierarchy :
Wiper_hierarchy_Blender.png

KsEditor hierarchy:
KS_Editor_WIPER_hierarchy.png

I am at a total loss. I see Ilja posted that there is a tool to animate wipers in CSP. Does anyone know where I can get it from as it's not on the csp wiki or patrion by the look of it...

Issue no 2. Missing LEDs and weird texture on steering wheel grips.

As can be seen in the screenshot below, the material of the grips looks odd it looks like vectors and the LEDs from the rev counter are missing. I had a look and they are on the same object as the shifter paddles. I also checked to and all the shaders and their attributes are the same. Note that this only seems to look like this in a showroom or in KsEditor. In game it looks fine. Any ideas? Does Blender break the FBX import or is this perhaps an issue with KsEditor?

1649517182566.png

Original:
1649517472477.png

Thanks in advance hoping to get some help on this.

The Blender ksanim plugin can't export your WIPER_1 animation correctly because it's a top level object. Quirks with how the coordinate systems (XYZ vs. XY-Z) swap. It just needs a parent that's not animated (I tend to call mine BODY_A and put the whole top lod in it)

The Blender ksanim plugin can't export your WIPER_1 animation correctly because it's a top level object. Quirks with how the coordinate systems (XYZ vs. XY-Z) swap. It just needs a parent that's not animated (I tend to call mine BODY_A and put the whole top lod in it)
Hi, thanks you so much for helping me so PROMPTLY. So I just add an empty and make that the parent of WIPER_1, but WIPER_1 is the empty with the animation? Does BODY_A also need to be rotated to the same angles as WIPER_1?

• Deleted member 223075

@Graham Botha Why not simply separate wipers meshes ? I do this for many cars. Then just anim them using CSP features.

EDIT : just realize what you said "does not even have a wiper object" :D

EDIT 2 : done
b0lt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Graham Botha Why not simply separate wipers meshes ? I do this for many cars. Then just anim them using CSP features.

EDIT : just realize what you said "does not even have a wiper object" :D

EDIT 2 : done
b0lt.jpg
Hi Mahad,

I've added a wiper object but I don't know how to get to the CSP wiper tool or app. Is it included in CSP 1.78? How do I activate it or where can I download it from?

Latest News

Back