Help needed DD2/EMI?

So I recently set up a DD2 and Im getting all kinds of strange PC commands.

Bare with me here, im just going to throw out my thoughts and recollections.

The first day I used it I noticed twice, task bar icons were "clicked". I thought nothing of it.

Then the second day all kinds of goofy stuff happened.. Numlock, capslock, scroll lock were randoming activating and deactivating. Windows powershell would randomly flash. I opened notepad and from tapping my paddle shifters, I could type thousands of letters of jibberish within seconds.

Yesterday I kept getting the windows error sound over and over, like when you try to close a window that cannot be closed. Assetto would have strange commands and changing of settings in game.

With the "touching the paddle shifters" thing, the first thing I tried was disconnecting my universal hub. The issue still existed and could be replicated by touching the shaft of the wheel base.

Last problem is I finally lost the use of the wheel and base in game. It was still on, all my bindings remained in game but I still had to rebind everything on the wheel.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, Id very much appreciate it!

Let me add this also. For a couple years now, ive used a CSW2.5 and recall (only 5-10 times in that couple years) some of the same Assetto commands/settings changed while in game. Thats what made me think it could be the universal hub. The settings changed in game were exposure, FF strength, and game volume.

EDIT: Another thing that happens is, webpages will automatically scroll straight to the bottom of the page.

Sooo... Reading this back to myself it would seem that every issue that happens is a keyboard command but unplugging it nets no new results. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited:
Wireless keyboard / mouse? Try relocating the dongle if you have to the front of the PC.

I've a DD1 - in loads of configs and on I think at least 3 rigs, I've had no EMI interference, despite having 2 usb powerd hubs close to it and running cables in trunking with loads of other cables on the back of the rig.

Could it be stuff is badly earthed? Is your PC earthed to it's case - of course, the metal rear of the ports panel might very well earth the case. You could earth the rig?

Tis odd - I've just tried replicating the touching of the shaft (ooer) but doesn't do anything here.

Latest News

Back