AMS2 GT1s @ Silverstone 2001, Friday 24th June, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Club Staff
Premium
RDGT1Race.jpg

Friday Night's GT1 battles continue this week with a trip to the twisting, turning challange of Silverstone. There have been approximately 32 versions of Silverstone over the years and this is one of the last great incarnations of the old school one, which mixed high speed corners and puzzling chicanes with sandtrap runoffs lying in wait for the unwary.

Wether you are new to simracing or a seasoned veteran, this is a race open to all skill levels and we want to race you, so join us by signing yourself up in the comments below.

Server Name: Racedepartment.com #2 GT1
Server Password: brit
Server Settings: open setups, factory settings, light cloud
Track: Silverstone Historic 2001
Cars: Mercedes, Porsche and McLaren GT1
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Time Table

Practice: 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST (30 minutes) Join whenever you want during practice
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC / 20:45 BST / 21:45 CEST (45 minutes)
20220620114927_1.jpg

1. Redvaliant
  2. jimortality
  3. danny26
  4. T1MKO
  5. nepal roade
  6. Munkyboo
  7. PurgerUK
  8. The Almighty Snark
  9. Ingemar Petersson
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot

Last edited:
Sign me up please Daniel. Never driven the 2001 version before, its another very technical track. Have done a few laps but will need a lot more to get decent lap times.:)

Sign me up please Daniel. Never driven the 2001 version before, its another very technical track. Have done a few laps but will need a lot more to get decent lap times.:)
Hi Tim, added. It is the same layout as the earlier 90s version, except for the two chicanes at Vale and Abbey which have a different entry to the older version. It can be confusing until you get to know this particular layout, as there are no cones to deter you from using the earlier enrtry to these two corners, only a white line.

Not this week. If people want an hour race and day/night/day transitions, pitstops and weather, then sure, let me know in the comments. If Bram is back next week then no issue. If I put it up, then I'm open to whatever the majority want - within reason. The problem I've found is that everyone wants something different - long race, 2x short race; rain, never rain, Day / night, only day, etc. As this is not my own series, I'll tailor it to what makes the most sense for the most people.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back