AMS2 GT Open Class @ Snetterton, Thursday 29th September 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Club Staff
Premium
RD-Race#2.jpg

The Thursday AMS2 races continue with a change of class from the sophisticated GT1s to the brutal Ultima and its class competitor the new GT3 Open Ginetta. Snetterton has, of course, the 'Scary Tree', but it also has some scary corners mixed into its rather featureless layout. We will be using the shorter 200 layout as it's less of an ordeal than the full 300 version.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2 GTO
Server Password: rams2
Server Settings: X1 fuel, tyre wear
Setups: Fixed
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Snetterton 200
Cars: GTO: Ginetta GT3; Ultima GTR
GTO.jpg
GTO1.jpg

Ultima Liveries

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

Race 1.
Practice:
18:30 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:00 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (25 minutes)

ss132236.jpg

Entry List
  1. TIMKO
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. Munkyboo
  4. Eric S
  5. nepal roade
  6. arthurrozendom
  7. Bas Kriesels
  8. RevSome
  9. *Redvaliant*
  10. ErikBakker
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Daniel, would there be a chance of setting it up in a different way in order to make it less late for the people in mainland Europe? Last race starts 10:15 and is normally finished around 11:00pm. Half an hour could already make a difference. Also (but not sure if that is just me) after a race it takes me at least an hour to come back to the normal world and be able to get some sleep... :). I know the UK people are on an one hour time difference, therefor my suggestion to middle it with a half hour? If this is not a possibility I probably will go for just one race in the future.

Count me in. Nice car and track combo. Also did some timed laps in the Ginetta for the time trial.

I like the idea of Eric. I am also at mainland Europe and always pass up on the second race because it's getting too late :)

Daniel, would there be a chance of setting it up in a different way in order to make it less late for the people in mainland Europe? Last race starts 10:15 and is normally finished around 11:00pm. Half an hour could already make a difference. Also (but not sure if that is just me) after a race it takes me at least an hour to come back to the normal world and be able to get some sleep... :). I know the UK people are on an one hour time difference, therefor my suggestion to middle it with a half hour? If this is not a possibility I probably will go for just one race in
7.30pm BST is OK with me. Probably not great for Adrian as he will have to set his alarm for 6am :confused:

7.30pm BST is OK with me. Probably not great for Adrian as he will have to set his alarm for 6am :confused:
I have to set my alarm daily at 5:15.... But I deal with it, it's not holding me back from racing. But 30min. would make a good difference for me also!

Daniel, sign me up please. (I have to make up for my bad performance yesterday)

Okay guys, I'll add everyone who's posted and change the start time. Originally, I think Adrian had an issue with the race start time so it was moved by 1/2 an hour. As more European ppl are racing, I'll set it back. Also shortened the races to 25mins. Sorry Adrian.

Last edited:
in please - race 1 at minimum. car undecided - the ultima in VR feels like the offspring of a mini cooper/gt prototype pairing. ginetta is pretty benign, getting 10/10s seems to be the hard part.

Just tried both cars and I'm having problems with the Ultima not changing down quickly when I need to drop down 3 gears, having to pull the paddle multiple times, don't seem to have the same issue with the Ginetta. Looks like I'll be in the Ginetta then. :)

It's fine guys as there are more UK European people that need the start time. Just to clarify, in case i seem silly for not wanting to wake at 6am. I already had to wake at 5:15am for both races during the week and as that was the earliest i could manage consistently, I moved it half hour earlier to do the first race on Thursdays,so then i could make it by waking at 5:15.
For the half hour earlier start time, I will just do the 2nd race and am perfectly fine with that as well. As it is just a regular start to my day and i do not need to wait for it on purpose compared to if it was at night.

I found the Ultima to be quicker then the Ginetta by about 1/2 a second a lap.
The Ginetta even with ABS/TC is a bloody handful. I had 2 TC & 3 ABS and it was still really loose. At least with the Ultima, you know where you are with it regarding its brutal power delivery. Horses for courses, I guess.

Latest News

Back