AC GT Championship Round 6 @ Sebring - Sunday 15th September 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Sebring for some GT4 action, in Round 6 of the GT Championship!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Sebring19.png

Server Details:
  • Server: RaceDepartment.com Server 10 (Practice server throughout the race week)
  • 20:00 CEST, 1900 DST, 18:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20, DST 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

Event details:
  • Track: Sebring
  • Pit stop: MANDATORY STOP between 10 and 50 minutes.
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Fast track.
  • Track Temp: 33C
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory TC and ABS
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed by the server in the chat window/top of the screen at the end of each lap.

Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Info on scoring/penalties here

My apologies to those around me at the start, I made a right pig's ear of it and probably hindered some of you:(

Jumped the start
Had a shoelace stuck on the clutch pedal
Pitted for the drive through.... but went to pit instead, so it didn't count (but freed shoelace lol)
With another stop for the drive through and a car filled to the brim thought it best to give you guys some peace:laugh:

Have fun chaps

Last edited:
Oh man, where to start... such a frustrating race for me...

First of all sorry @Twoddle Jason, I completely lost my rear at that last corner where I hit you like a rocket. I didn't even want to attack you, I just slightly missed my line and completely lost the rear. Made our both races really difficult. what a shame! such a rookie-like mistake :unsure: :cry::cry::cry::poop:

It didn't start well at all, already slided all over in the first corner, although I had practised one start to find my breaking point. but this time it went completely wrong. Nevertheless I was motivated behind jason to catch him somewhen during the race, as I new I had a strong pace in practise, where I was even one second faster than in Q. But again, as so often, I couldn't replicate it during the race... and wasn't consistent enough... :thumbsdown:

Later I crashed again when I tried to break a bit more in the last corner to get the pit entry. Fulvio was behind and I wanted to take it super-safe... the opposite happend... Lost another 10-15s or so...

Again sorry Jason, you deserved the podium and to catch up in the championship.
Of course a big compliment to you, fulvio, I'm sure you didn't have nearly as much practise as I, but again you domineted. :thumbsup:

thanks guy, see you next time!

Last edited:
For me clearly the most critical corner on this track is the last one. There are so many lines you can take and none of them really feels right. As long as you are alone on the track it doesn't seem to be a big problem, but with traffic it's getting really difficult. Trying to follow your front man's line is not a good idea if you are not used to his line yourself, as well it's risky to take a completely different line.
My rear was very loose there when I didn't break into the corner in a straigt line.

I made it, although by the skin of my teeth and thanks to an understanding family who let me jump from transit van to (virtual) Ginetta.

I did alright in quali and had a good start which meant I was fighting with Doug and Paul. I was settling into
a rhythm and starting to think about how to make an overtake. Maybe I had a better exit than Doug from Sunset and could pass on the subsequent straight?

For me clearly the most critical corner on this track is the last one. There are so many lines you can take and none of them really feels right. As long as you are alone on the track it doesn't seem to be a big problem, but with traffic it's getting really difficult. Trying to follow your front man's line is not a good idea if you are not used to his line yourself, as well it's risky to take a completely different line.
My rear was very loose there when I didn't break into the corner in a straigt line.

Yep, exactly that. So much opportunity, so many lines, so much peril 🫣 Brake, turn in, nice small drift, a bit more power…. front into the wall 😭 I had to wait for the entire field to pass to be able to reverse out. Obviously forgetting the Ginetta’s thing of needing revs in neutral then dumping the clutch to get it moving.

After that I had fun fighting Doug when he pitted early, dicing back and forth probably cost us time but was fun until I had to pit 😀 I was 20seconds off Richard and that stayed pretty constant until the end.

Yesterday I managed to came last in two races - one cyclocross, one sim race. However, I enjoyed the sim racing much more and was mostly pleased with how I drove. The lesson was very much it’s not where you finish but how you get there.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back