graphicsconfigopenvrdx11 changing alone for VR

hi,
a user in the forum suggested me yesterday to modify the graphicsconfigopenvrdx11 file to select the right resolution and hz, was all ok but now is not working anymore
is happening that i edit the file and when i load the game he switch all the time to full hd resolution and 60hz so can't use the game at the best resolution and hz
is happened also to u ?

graphicsconfigopenvrdx11.xml is for VR, not for monitors. You don't set your VR resolution or refresh rate in AMS 2, the sim uses whatever your VR drivers/software tell it to use. So it sounds like whoever told you to edit that file to change the resolution doesn't actually know what they're on about.

If it's supersampling in VR you're talking about, then you'll need to enable it in your VR software... SteamVR, Oculus, or whatever else you may be using.

If you're talking about monitor resolution, then you should be looking at graphicsconfigdx11.xml. However, if the resolution and refresh rate of your system isn't selectable in-game, I would suggest that indicates a flaw with your system in general. You shouldn't need to force these settings by modifying the config files.

So it sounds like whoever told you to edit that file to change the resolution doesn't actually know what they're on about.
Easy now, I told him the resolution and refresh rate in-game was for the vr screen monitor and that was why he couldn't select past 60hz but he insisted it felt slow at 60hz so I suggested he tried changing it in the xml file.

Easy now, I told him the resolution and refresh rate in-game was for the vr screen monitor and that was why he couldn't select past 60hz but he insisted it felt slow at 60hz so I suggested he tried changing it in the xml file.
Pretty sure I saw this conversation on the Reiza forums, and it made pretty much no sense to me. I get what you're saying, but not what he is trying to achieve.

If he's in VR then why is he trying to force higher resolutions and refresh rates on his monitor? If his monitor supports these higher rates, why does he have to force them at all since they should be selectable in-game? And if it really is his VR headset resolution which has somehow dropped to 1920x1080 (FullHD) and 60Hz, that suggests an issue with either the hardware or controlling software rather than the sim. I don't think trying to force values in the sim's config is going to do much.

ok man i just saw what u wrote.. mmm i modified the file that u said that is graphicsconfigopenvrdx11.xml (vr word in the file so mean that these are the configuration of the vr maybe) so i was just asking why if i change this file than the file change it again alone.. yesterday didn't happen
u suggest to modify in vr software so mean steam vr i think.. usually is 90hz but when this game change the file in Automobilista 2 i go see steam vr and i see that is changed in 60hz.. so mean that my game work at 60hz.. infact i see the difference.. is ok but yesterday was better

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%