Premium
1689873993762-png.681573
1689873804733-png.681571
A46D0054.jpg

1718917050807.png
abarth-124-spider-prova-2017_36.jpg
1723138902533.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In the holiday season with less participants we'll keep the tracks fairly short and easy. Pukekohe Park near Auckland, New Zealand had more than 50 years of action under its belt, during which time it became the spiritual home of New Zealand motor racing. Since 2013 the track is 2,9km long and with only 10 corners it's easy to learn.

SPECIAL ATTENTION: in this race the Renault Clio 5 Cup 1.3 is introduced in the FWD class as an alternative for the Abarth/Suzuki. You have to install it even if you drive another car otherwise you can't join the event. See the event details where to find the mod. The Renault 5 is only available with the V80 vintage tyres.
1723749759078.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup/Suzuki Swift R3 Sport/Renault 5 Turbo Europa/Abarth 124 Spider
  • Track: Pukekohe Park 2013
  • Please sign up as soon as possible
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
Great place to race the mazdas...and it seemed that the renault was on par with the mx5 here.

I liked how the mx5 felt here and that gave me confidence to try different lines and such. Maybe it´s my hardware upgrade, maybe it´s the track, but it sure felt great to be racing at 200fps instead of 30.
Practice was nice, quali went way above expectation ending up ahead of Jari and setting my best time too.

Race start was fortunate(the lucky streak continued further on) as Jason forgot to start and blocked Rico for me. I managed to hold Kimi's Renault until the first corners and voila, I was third. Luckily enough, Jari Kimi and Rico were battling behind me stealing precious time from each other and then Allan went out. I'm second???!
No way I could keep up with thomas and I knew it was only a short time until Allan and Jason came knocking. Jason did show up, and easily overtook the 3 of us one by one. I made a mistake on the chicane losing my spot to jari and Kimi with the further mistake of choosing the inside line for the following corner on which Rico overtook me. I managed to get my spot back on the next lap(on the same spot). Rico was pressing me and while I was keeping an eye on the mirror I could tell I was not going to be able to pass Kimi very easily(if at all) and after a few laps I decided it was wise to undercut them all and let them fight it out while I would be out in clear air. Left the pits in last, took a few laps to catch up to Paul and I would be losing time with overtaking if it would not be for another lucky break where he momentarily left the track just as I was 1s from him. From then on I was always on clear air but with good sights on the cars ahead and when they pitted I was ahead of Kimi for what would be my final position. One of my best results so far, 4th. I almost ruined it when 3 laps to go I made a big mistake on the chicane too but luckily I had a good enough buffer by then.

Thomas, Jason, Jari: you guys are insane for keeping such a consistent pace the whole race long. Congrats

Thanks everyone for the nice racing and thanks for the organization as well.

Latest News

Back