Club Staff
Premium
1689873993762-png.681573

1689873804733-png.681571
A46D0054.jpg

1718917050807.png
abarth-124-spider-prova-2017_36.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In the holiday season with less participants we'll keep the tracks fairly short and easy. Mosport Park was Canada's first permanent motor racing facility and is one of a handful of circuits to have continued in operation for more than 60 years without any layout alterations. That shows that the track has been very popular by drivers and spectators.

SPECIAL ATTENTION: in this race the Abarth 124 Spider is introduced in the RWD class as an alternative for the Mazda. You can add the slick tyres from the Abarth or the MX5 to the car using Content Manager. You have to install it even if you drive another car otherwise you can't join the event. See the event details where to find the mod. The Renault 5 is only available with the V80 vintage tyres.
1722534625024.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup/Suzuki Swift R3 Sport/Renault 5 Turbo Europa/Abarth 124 Spider
  • Track: Mosport 2021, Canada
  • Please sign up as soon as possible
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

For me it was a great race! I know this track very well from GT3 events but the Suzuki was a delight here with that grip in the fast corners. Ernie was the fastest driver but he made a mistake that held him off the podium. Thomas, Jari and myself had very similar pace. I had to wait for a small mistake of Jari to pass him and to create a gap big enough to "survive" the long straight where the Suzuki is about 0.7 second slower.

I hope the other had also fun. Congrats to Thomas and Jari but also to Jose who had great pace! Now it's the turn of Paulo to catch up with Jose.

Let's see if I can find a another nice fairly short track for next week.
And if you have time, tonight's multiclass is a great event hostged by Paul. Sign up if you have time.

I hope the other had also fun. Congrats to Thomas and Jari but also to Jose who had great pace! Now it's the turn of Paulo to catch up with Jose.
yeah, it looked like we had a race going on, with the Renault of Kimi in the mix. But I made too many stupid mistakes like leaving the track to smell the grass and the walls.

Another thing, I had an average of 20 FPS(!) on this track(according to CM) which is by far the worst I had so far. I did drive just before on the other version of mosport with no such issues. Especially the slow corner was painful. That added with some performance lag spikes(mostly during practice and quali, going out and back in the server just before the race seemed to help a bit) put me off a bit. I'll be getting a new computer soon(fingers crossed) but I was wondering if someone else had some performance drop comparing to other tracks.

Pity for the small grid but it's all nice racing anyway.
thanks everyone

See you on the next one!

Last edited:
No Paulo, I think everything is your end.
Something was going on in the background, I am assuming you connect direct to the internet , Ethernet?
You could dumb down your relay record settings
Make sure nothing is attempting a background down load.
windows update ?
A program or something else.
Other than that I do not know as you have not complained about that before.

No Paulo, I think everything is your end.
Something was going on in the background, I am assuming you connect direct to the internet , Ethernet?
You could dumb down your relay record settings
Make sure nothing is attempting a background down load.
windows update ?
A program or something else.
Other than that I do not know as you have not complained about that before.
thanks for the reply. I don't think any update was going on, but it's warm around here.
And it is indeed the first time I have serious complains performance wise with my system to date.
Anyway I'll see how it goes on today's race if it was something of the setup yesterday or something more general.

Next week: Donington 2018!!! With the Renault Clio 5 Cup 1.3 as new FWD car.

Last edited:
Thank you Han, I really enjoyed this one and previous one, trying to pass Kimi, what is almost imposible for me, and I did zero mistakes for first time. Paulo is also always there, pushing and I believe is faster than me, the day he do not do mistakes it will be difficult to catch him.
And congrats to Dave, he crashed, managed to clean pass me and was not able to catch him again. Fast and consistent. Tanks Han for organice it

Latest News

Back