Club Staff
Premium
abarth-124-spider-prova-2017_36.jpg
1689873993762-png.681573

1689873804733-png.681571
A46D0054.jpg
1718917050807.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

We have started do to every other week a new track and in between tracks well known (by most of us).
This time a (well) known track in South Africa: Kyalami, often named to be part of the F1 tracks again.

The 16-turn, 4.522km anti - clockwise FIA graded circuit takes advantage of the naturally undulating landscape creating a challenging blend of sweeping, fast sections and tight, technical corners which makes Kyalami legendary.

SPECIAL ATTENTION: in this race the Abarth 124 Spider is introduced in the RWD class as an alternative for the Mazda. You can add the slick tyres from the Abarth or the MX5 to the car using Content Manager. You have to install it even if you drive another car otherwise you can't join the event. See the event details where to find the mod.
1720121360778.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup/Suzuki Swift R3 Sport/Renault 5 Turbo Europa/Abarth 124 Spider
  • Track: Kyalami 2016, South Africa
  • Please sign up as soon as possible
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Hope everyone is well. I thought I was going to be able to make this Wednesdays race before I go away for the summer however unfortunately looks like we are leaving a little earlier than planned.
I won't now get any racing in until probably around the end of October when I look forward to joining you all again. I don't think my absence is going to alter any podium positions . Thanks for everything, I have really enjoyed the racing and support, can't wait to get back to it later in the year.
Take care, enjoy the racing. See you when I get back.
Gavin

Hi Guys,
Hope everyone is well. I thought I was going to be able to make this Wednesdays race before I go away for the summer however unfortunately looks like we are leaving a little earlier than planned.
I won't now get any racing in until probably around the end of October when I look forward to joining you all again. I don't think my absence is going to alter any podium positions . Thanks for everything, I have really enjoyed the racing and support, can't wait to get back to it later in the year.
Take care, enjoy the racing. See you when I get back.
Gavin
Hi Gavin,

It was great to have you the last months and we're looking forward to see you on track again!
Take care and have a good summer!

Sorry for bailing out but somehow it did not count my lap when I pitted around lap 10 or so. I had enough practice already and the race was the only thing keeping my concentration up.

Quite a nice track even though I hated those curbs. Also a fantastic balance between the mazdas, spiders and suzukis.

anyway, thanks everyone and especially the organization and maybe see some of you tomorrow at Silverstone(I'm sure the pits work fine there ;p )

Last edited:
What an intense race! At first tried to keep Ernie behind who was faster in the corners but not on the straight as usual with the swift, he did the undercut which went successful by a fraction. After that he and the swift were little faster so I concentrated to the race against Jason. This was a race til the very last meters with several overtakes, close fights and overall great racing action. One of the best races, thx for the great racing. Definitely will watch and keep the replay. The Abarth had so much more top speed, didnt even get slipstream although being directly behind. Was total on defending line on the straight several times. Great to have the classes close together. The MX5 was faster in the corners so I had to lift sometimes being directly behind the Abarth.
Overall good stuff.

results: https://simresults.net/240710-2Lr

cu next time

Great race, mainly with Thomas, I would never have been able to overtake without some quickish laps after I did a pit stop, it was very close, just had the advantage in T1 of quicker cornering at that particular corner, another second and I would not have had a chance. So the racing gods were on my side tonight.
That all I can say apart from Kimi’s rear which I had to look at for the rest of the race, :roflmao:that is about it for me. Even if I had managed to close the gap an overtake was never on and if I had managed it Kimi was quicker, so I would have been re-overtaken anyway, so in the end did better than I dared hope for, cannot complain.
Plus England won tonight, that was a big shock, the racing gods must have done it for England too.

Had fun last night!
Track was technical but had a good flow to it.
It started well, trading blows with Paulo from lap 1. We were both evenly paced and it was a game of "who makes less mistakes". What happened in the pit lane man? Did you take any strange line? I was sad to see you drop off, was considering pitting next lap to continue the fun.
After that it became a lonely race, and only around the 40 minute mark I was able to get into the "zone" and get some nice lap times in. It was also around that time I realized the mistake I was doing with my breaking, frequently locking the front wheels because I was going to aggressive on the pedal. Once I sorted that out I was able to gain almost 1 second per lap.
After the race I tuned in to the match to find the 1-1 was still holding, and by the time the clock strikes 90 min I thought I was going to be treated to another 30 minutes of nice football but England decided to end all the fun. A pity for the Netherlands, I think it would be fair to play the full extra time to see who would come out on top.

Congrats to the podiums, thanks Han for hosting and I will see you in the next one!
- Ricardo

I also had fun. The Spider is a nice addition, I think. I had great battles with Mazda's which were faster in the turns but lost in on the straight. I think I got Allan biting his steering wheel for a couple of laps.
And Jason proved that the Spider is competitive at the front.

That was my last weds nights race for a few weeks and boy did i enjoy it..Had a poorish quali but made up at the start,nearly 3 wide at turn 1 saw Jari hit my rear sending both of us into a spin which to be fair spoilt both our chances of been up there battling at the top,but thats racing..So off we go trying to chase the field down..I pitted way too early,dont no what i was thinking,but if you watch the replay from 27 mins on our Great Leader @HF2000 and i had some pretty intense racing going on.A couple of times i tupped his rear end :cautious::unsure: hoping it would discombobulate him, in a nice way of course :whistling::whistling: but he was consistant with some great defending and re overtaking all the while letting @Jari Laakkonen get that bit further ahead...I in turn spun on the green taking out Han which let @Shed 17 thru in that horrible screeching thingy so had to do it all again..Great fun WD Podium,i could have taken the Renault but that would have been too easy,had more fun in my trusty MX5 although i do like the Renault,hoping to be back in my seat 4-6 weeks time,depends how healing goes,have fun guys,post them replays will enjoy watching c u all soon..:D:thumbsup::)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back