Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
abarth-124-spider-prova-2017_36.jpg
1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573
A46D0054.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

We have started do to every other week a new track and in between tracks well known (by most of us).
This time the F1 track in Brazil between two lakes: Interlagos.

Sadly the Renault 5 Turbo has proven to be too fast for these series and therefore not available anymore.

SPECIAL ATTENTION: in this race the Abarth 124 Spider is introduced in the RWD class as an alternative for the Mazda. You can add the slick tyres from the Abarth or the MX5 to the car using Content Manager. You have to install it even if you drive another car otherwise you can't join the event. See the event details where to find the mod.
1721320330136.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup/Suzuki Swift R3 Sport/Renault 5 Turbo Europa/Abarth 124 Spider
  • Track: Interlagos 1998, Brazil
  • Please sign up as soon as possible
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
it is becoming increasingly difficult to download all of these things of late.
cannot download this track???
i just cannot download this track, I can download every other software that no one wants every time I go to the download link.
why they call the website "sharemods download" is beyond me.

Last edited:
try as I may, I cannot download this track, i have been trying for the last hour to get it to load from share mods.
does anyone know something I don't know.:(

OK. As some of you have problems downloading from Sharemods I've chosen another good version of the track. The 1998 F1 version available on mediafire. I will change it in the 1st post. Server is already running with this version.

try as I may, I cannot download this track, i have been trying for the last hour to get it to load from share mods.
does anyone know something I don't know.:(
Try the new link in the 1st post, Ernie. I've changed it for another mod of the track.

It is a real shame that a great web site is totally ruined by greedy pointless never ending advertising.
It is not the advertising that is the problem, I get that, but they totally do not allow you to do what the web site was intended for in the first place.
I just could not down load the circuit, I spent an hour constantly trying to down load the circuit.

It is a real shame that a great web site is totally ruined by greedy pointless never ending advertising.
It is not the advertising that is the problem, I get that, but they totally do not allow you to do what the web site was intended for in the first place.
I just could not down load the circuit, I spent an hour constantly trying to down load the circuit.
But you got the new one, did you?

Yes Han, i was having a bad day, my pc just did not want to boot past Ram , in the end i had to update the bios and i was also trying to get my old PC to run, it got too much, i had a bit of a fizzy fit. Lucky i could not find anyone to daft enough to buy it.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
That in itself took more aggravation than trying to fix my main PC.
All's well that ends well.:)

I would like to propose a very simple solution to the sharing of resources from outside overtake website.

If the resource is somewhere outside where you need to go to some dodgy website with adds, pop ups and/or whatever annoying(and potentially dangerous) things, just upload them yourself to WeTransfer or GoogleDrive and then share your link here. you can even very easily set up expiration times for your files and the end user gets no problems at all.

edit:
if someone still wants the original link(interlagos 2020), here it is:

Last edited:
ok, so I was playing around with some friends while trying out different cars and learn this week's track, and found out another car which might be worth investigation(if it has not already). On the "original" track for this round(don't know if there any difference) the Renault Clio V Cup was around +0.8 from my MX-5 time and -0.8 from my Renault 5 Turbo Europa Cup. And this is using only what comes with each mod, so no changing tires around.

The car is available on the Overtake website

a really hard race starting with my car choice i went for one of the new cars picked the 124 abarth just because it's cabrio. i was expecting to be at the midfield and maybe a podium with some chaos but apparently i was wrong and i won way better than my expectation . this car is good with the top speed but in the corners was more of an elephant . Congratz to Ernie for p2 lucky me that you did a bad first half of the race cause i think u was faster in the second half , and congratz to Jari for p3 . thank you Han as always for hosting :thumbsup: even if i dont like old versions of the tracks.

Everyday is a school day!

Whilst not the fastest feel like I am getting to grips with this sim racing stuff even if I spent 50 minutes of the hour hot lapping by myself...

Once I stop spinning off I might be able to compete a race without getting lapped!

Thanks as always for putting this together great fun!

One question. Thought my preferred stead the R5 was banned?

Paul

It was fun to be back racing in the Mazda on a Wednesday night.

Had a few good battles along the way. Apologies @BaldPaul for coming together in lap1. We had a good back and forth afterwards though. A shame you spun on the last corner as you were quicker otherwise.

Well done to @Jari Laakkonen for hustling the Mazda to 3rd - that was very impressive for what should have been a Suzuki lock out of the podium.

Well done to @Jari Laakkonen for hustling the Mazda to 3rd - that was very impressive for what should have been a Suzuki lock out of the podium.
Yes, well done Jari on the podium. It all came down to the pit stop and out laps in the end and while I could get close through the corners, that long uphill drag to the finish line killed any chance of battling for P3 for the underpowered and heavy Suzuki (need to dump the co-driver). :D
I tried all cars before the race and really liked the Fiat Spider, but as it is a road car there was not enough I could do to the settings to get it to turn so amazing performance from Fulvio to jump in it and put in those times and well done Ernie for making a race of it up front.

Thanks Han for another great combo.
Next Thursday 1st August we have Touring cars and are looking for more entries so if you fancy some door to door TCR racing then join up now.
Blackwood is a short and easy track to learn so we should be guaranteed lots of fun and close racing.

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 243 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 149 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 265 42.9%
  • Graphics

Votes: 188 30.5%
  • Car customization

Votes: 187 30.3%