Premium
1689873993762-png.681573
1689873804733-png.681571

A46D0054.jpg
1718917050807.png

abarth-124-spider-prova-2017_36.jpg
1723138902533.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Estoril is a Portuguese racecircuit that is known for the famous race in heavy rain in which Ayrton Senna achieved his first F1 victory. The circuit has two hairpin bends, significant elevation changes and a long 0.986 km (0.613 mi) long start/finish straight. So again a circuit where each car has its own advantage sections.

SPECIAL ATTENTION: in this race the Renault Clio 5 Cup 1.3 is introduced in the FWD class as an alternative for the Abarth/Suzuki. You have to install it even if you drive another car otherwise you can't join the event. See the event details where to find the mod. The Renault 5 is only available with the V80 vintage tyres.
1724923431952.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup/Suzuki Swift R3 Sport/Renault 5 Turbo Europa/Abarth 124 Spider
  • Track: Estoril 2021, GP
  • Please sign up as soon as possible
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
also, as a very side note, I don't know what happened for the previous version not to work on the emperor servers. I could run it via the standard Assetto Corsa Server Manager and did so successfully with a friend also while using mod cars

also, as a very side note, I don't know what happened for the previous version not to work on the emperor servers. I could run it via the standard Assetto Corsa Server Manager and did so successfully with a friend also while using mod cars
Yes me too. But I don't why it didn't work on the Emperor servers. Selecting the other mod (which uses the same original modfile) , was easier for me.

Nice track!

Practiced a few laps to see if I could get onto the server yesterday. More practice today in official practice. Found some steady mid-57's pace. Qualy couldn't PB, did that later on in the race though.

Race (after seeing replay of first lap), I had a great start for once, kept it on the track T1, some cars banging in front of me, had a nice exit Curva 1 racing to Curva 2, keeping Jari behind and closing in on Allan. Then, I went for inside line for the right hander Curva 2, I thought I left room enough for outside car Allan, but we collided when Allan stayed on the line. Later I saw Allan way back on the list, so I wondered/asked if I took him out. Not shure it was my fault there, so I was really in doubt what to do. Raced with Jari for a lap and when I missed my braking point in T1, I decided to wait for Allan. Still not shure if it was my fault there, but better be safe and gentle than sorry and not kind... maybe someone can tell me if it was my fault, I'd like to learn from these kind of situations. Should I have backed out there?

Anyway, tried to follow Allan for a few laps, but couldn't hold on. Followed to pit and watched Allan hit the exit wall of the pit. I was kinda confused, so I did exactly the same :cool: and had to fly back to the pit. Took a lot of time.

Later, tried to catch up with Paulo, but man, he was on a flying pace on his home track! No way I could get closer, great pace Paulo!!

Congrats podium (insane pace) and thanks Han!

Last edited:
Driving on this track took me back to this time:
1725533936545.png

I grew up around this track and it was pretty normal to have the screeching V12 sounds on the background.(they would go back there for winter testing on a regular basis too).
The layout we did yesterday was not the same as it was then and F1 cars never actually raced on this layout. Not just the chicane, but also turn 1 and the pitlane were a bit different. The mod is pretty well done, not perfect, but the atmosphere is there. Also all those ppl on the hot air ballons would probably die and cause many a forest fire in the process :roflmao:

I still quite enjoy the track(apart from the silly uphill chicane) and we should definitely go back here for the layout without it.

Followed to pit and watched Allan hit the exit wall of the pit. I was kinda confused, so I did exactly the same :cool: and had to fly back to the pit. Took a lot of time.
So that's what happened! I saw Allan was starting to get close(with his insane pace) and decided to pit to avoid losing time getting overtaken and for my surprise both of you followed me in. On the lap afterwards I did a stupid mistake and went offtrack and to my surprise you were both really far away suddenly.

At race start I managed to keep safe and after the first turns I was in 3rd. Unfortunately I really struggled with having the fuel tank full again after quali and had no pace. After boxing out Han for a little bit I went way to deep on a braking point and that was it for then. It took me around 11 laps to find some pace and was somewhat satisfied with pacing on the mid 57's. I managed to improve on all sectors but never managed to put them all together on the same lap. Pity it was such a small lineup as for me, after the first laps, there was never any racing moments anymore. Still had fun though. and PB during the race.

Thanks for bringing us to this track Han, and congrats to the podiums.
See you all in two weeks at the next one. I'm away next week so that's a good excuse to miss the fatalfie tracks where I'm so not comfortable at.

Edit PS: I think it's about time we get a track that favours the Abarth and the Renaults instead. So just think about that for in 2 weeks @HF2000 ?

Last edited:

Latest News

Back