rF2 Formula E Gen 2 @ Adria - Mon 5th September 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Club Staff
Premium
Formula E Gen 2.jpg

It's time to enter the future of racing as the rFactor 2 Racing Club finally breaks into the Electric racing world! Formula E has stepped up to becoming a full-fledged World Championship, and is thriving. The cars are certainly different to drive, with no gears, an electric motor whine in your ears and Regen to make it all the more tricky when slowing down. It's gonna be crazy, so hold on to your hats! We race at Adria, a permanent circuit that feels like a Formula E circuit - we need to try these cars with runoff before we head to a street circuit!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: blueflag]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OWS

Car(s):
  • Formula E Gen 2 2019-22 car (Formula E 2022) - [DLC]
    • Formula E 2022. Select "Standard, 45 minutes" and "Attack Mode Disabled", as this track doesn't have Attack Mode.
Track: Adria International Raceway - [STEAM]
Layout:
Adria Full Layout
Track Temperature: 21°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Standing Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: 13:00
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory
1661879263901.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 5th September 2022
Practice: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 19:40 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (25 Laps - 4% per lap)
You MUST run for 5 laps of the race in 250kW mode, the rest in 220kW.

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

DRIVER LIST

1. Jimlaad43
  2. ThreeLionz
  3. Monkey T.
  4. Ole Marius Myrvold
  5. Ingemar Petersson
  6. Steve Le Gallez
  7. Michael Rudolf
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
I would HIGHLY recommend reading this guide before driving these cars.

The race is deliberately long so we will have to Lift and Coast like the Formula E guys do. Your aim in practice is to work out how to find laptime while only using 4% of your battery per lap.

1. 96
  2. 92
  3. 88
  4. 84
  5. 80
  6. 76
  7. 72
  8. 68
  9. 64
  10. 60
  11. 56
  12. 52
  13. 48
  14. 44
  15. 40
  16. 36
  17. 32
  18. 28
  19. 24
  20. 20
  21. 16
  22. 12
  23. 8
  24. 4
  25. 0
If you decide to use more to make a pass, just remember that you will have to recoup that power usage somewhere on a later lap.

Regen works oddly in this car. When you are fully off throttle, the rear-wheels will act as brakes, slowing the car down and recovering some energy into your battery. This will change the balance of the car, and makes cornering with no pedal input tricky. You may find that you need to change your driving style, use a tiny bit of throttle or adjust regen mode often in a lap to balance this out. This is honestly the only difficult part about driving this car.

I have added a rule that you should run at 250kW for about 5 laps in the race. Make sure you define a button for "Increase Mixture" and "Decrease Mixture" to allow this switch. Normal driving in 220kW, Attack and Quali power in 250kW.

4% per lap is achievable without lifting and coasting too much, while still hitting good laptimes, so it's a good entrance to Formula E racing.

Who else can we tag or convince to join tonight? Grid is quite small and I'd like some more people to at least test these cars out properly. It's a different way to race, but no less fun.

Good thing it is a long practice. The federation decided to open a whole extra stand for the match tomorrow. Decision to that was taken... this afternoon. Guess who's had an extra extra long day at work?
I'll shuffle down some dinner quick and then join at the end of praccy. Never tried FE cars before, but how hard can it be. Doesn't even have an engine!

Dayumn!

People missed some fun cars tonight. Slightly weird to race in silence (except for the Discord-talk) and tyres... and curbing... But sheesh. I hadn't tested the cars until I joined the server. I only bought them so we could use them on the RD-servers, I regret not testing them before. So fun! Needs tactic, precision but also just "send it". Fun!

Well that didn't go too well. Start was OK but got squeezed in between Ole and Edward after T2. Ole was still on my left so I couldn't avoid Edward coming in from the right and ended up in the wall. Tried to catch up but these tyres seem super sensitive to heat so I soon started to slide like crazy cause I had to push too hard to at least remotely have a chance to close the gap. Lost lots of time in the end. Not really fitting my driving style these cars.

Well that didn't go too well. Start was OK but got squeezed in between Ole and Edward after T2. Ole was still on my left so I couldn't avoid Edward coming in from the right and ended up in the wall.

Yes, I forgot about the little right kink-thing there, so I tried to move extra to the left, sorry if I squeezed too much :/

Tried to catch up but these tyres seem super sensitive to heat so I soon started to slide like crazy cause I had to push too hard to at least remotely have a chance to close the gap. Lost lots of time in the end. Not really fitting my driving style these cars.

Yup. Noticed that under qual myself. First lap was my best.
I found this to fit me very good. I guess much of it is down to me being a big simrally-guy. This drove like rally cars at times. Also, I've done a lot of lift and coast during our LMP & GT races, so that helped :)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%