PC2 Formula A, WTF?

I recently completed the Formula Renault 3.5 championship in career mode. I found that car to be a lot of fun to drive, well balanced, easy to understand and thus tweak to fit my style.

But I've "graduated" to Formula A. All I can say is the new car feels like a complete dog and I can't figure out why or how to fix it. It feels like there is no mechanical grip at all. It's like it's tight and loose or even both at the same time, depending on how fast you are going.

Also, the in-car engine sounds are just horrible.

I actually got so frustrated with it I set the difficulty to ~60% and the races to the minimum length just so I could move on. Then I hit Formula X, which sounds A LOT better but still seems to "exceed my ability to drive quickly". I faffed around at Fuji for a few hours, got disgusted trying to keep up again, and haven't played PC2 since last week.

I made the mistake (?) of loading up Elite: Dangerous and now I am semi-obsessed with that game.

I got better with this car it’s a beast that’s for sure. A lot of feathering the gas out of corners keep practicing it gets better. You have a wheel?

Compared to every other sim on the market, the Formula A drives nothing like other F1 cars in those, it's probably the worst car in Sim-Racing currently imo

The other openwheelers in pCARS2 are fine for the most part

I got better with this car it’s a beast that’s for sure. A lot of feathering the gas out of corners keep practicing it gets better. You have a wheel?

I have a wheel. I've been doing this a long time. I did get incrementally better but the car was just not fun to drive at all. Then I hit the ridiculously magical AI at Road America and just couldn't be bothered anymore.

It's basically the Brawn GP car, it's even modeled the same, it should drive like every other open-wheeler in pCARS2 and other sims, but it doesn't. It barely even behaves like a car, feels like it has 3 wheels at times

Latest News

Back