AC Ford v Ferrari @ Fat Alfie's Bremgarten, Tue 25th June 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
Screenshot 2024-05-30 141009.jpg

Welcome to the OT Racing Club.

The GT40 was at a bit of a disadvantage last week as it needed some decent brakes. So lets have a go on another Fat Alfie's gem - Bremgarten. Very high speed and not too many corners.

Circuit_Bremgarten.svg.png

I've added skin packs for both cars so be sure to install these.

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 19:05 UTC, 20:05 BST, 21:05 CUET | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:30 UTC, 20:30 BST, 21:30 CUET | 60 minutes
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car:
  • Track: Bremgarten
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Last edited:
I had a word with Ken Miles about my GT40 setup and he told me 32 psi was way to high in the last race so i took his advice and the old girl does feel a bit more responsive now but still not in the same league as those damn red Italian jobs.
As a side note, hit the curb in the tight turn at the end of lap and nearly broke my thumb. Be careful out there.

As stated above I use my biggest (and heaviest) steering wheel to mitigate the kicks and punches the steering throws back at us.
Combine that with the incessant drumming of the tactile and this car/track combo is a real workout.

When going out before I forgot to switch on my overlays with "absolute essential" race data, especially the relative timing.
And BOOM, almost six laps (slow) without ****up.

So I´ll gag jim and "forget" my Pitwall overlays, I actually drive better when I treat it as "Canyon Carving" and not as a race.

Slowly getting there.

Feel quite stupid, Carsten, waffling on about the 330 before trying it here. Was a shock, a world of difference when you have a wide track and circuit, but narrow country lanes with more obstacles than I could ever imagine and it becomes a different driving experience :inlove::redface::confused::(

Not sure i will make this race as i have got someone coming around at about 8pm. They wont be here long but i will still most likely miss the race start.

Edit: looks like they are coming earlier so should be fine for the race.

Last edited:
Went to work, "got some changes to the schedule" but should be on time for race start.

Also got a "Black Screen of Death" while practicing last night, me Idiot updated the graphics driver to improve performance.
Some people just don't learn.

So, could ne "interesting" tonight.

Enjoyed that apart from the brakes, the Ferrari engine looked knackered.
I had to have the brake bias so far back that every corner produced a cloud of smoke.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Well done all that finished, yes us three.:D:D
Deserved more people, but a difficult car on a difficult track,:O_o:

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 122 27.7%
  • Full game

Votes: 102 23.1%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.5%
  • Graphics card