DiRT Rally 2.0 Fix to calibration bug.

For those who have problems, here's the best config I have come in some hours of testing things, some bugs and strange behaviur in this game.

Follow this steps:

- Windows wheel control panel, put 1080º force at your liking, dampening almost off or off.
-XML fix, just put 1.0, more than this I am now sure screws the FFB (pulling to left etc...)

There is a bug in the game calibration:

-First select your wheel in the options and load a preset to yours for exaple T300 preset, that's the bug if you don't load a preset before calibration I think it's not saved, resulting in very bad car behavior in wheel and pedals.

-Calibrate your wheel

-Linearity settings to default

-FFB: with 1.0 in XML use:
70% alignement
0% friction
0% dont remember
150% suspension
Softlock on <--- important

Now the cars have correct wheel lock you can drive a R5 with it's correct angle, or an older car and the pedals respond much more, now I can heel&toe.

Tried this, GT in argentina first pass and I did top 2 to top 5, with the different cars in different stages, before I could take mostly any corner correctly.

Go to your input\devices folder into your Dir2 installation usually \Steam\steamapps\common\dirt rally 2\Input\Devices
There is a file calle "device_defines.xml", edit it and search for you controller line, then change ffb_force to 1.0 in your controller.

Last edited:
@Ntouskos Thanasis

First this archive in this folder:
hhj0nnz.jpg

n74dDOe

Then edit the line of your own wheel and put ffb_force=1.0 as this:
uzzQXkp.jpg

vvP5IN6

Linearity/sensivity:
NaPRHOJ.jpg

xL7z5RU

FFB:
lq3vraD.jpg

But the most importan thing is to load a profile even if your wheel is correctly detected. Load the correct profile, then edit ingame your options.
NaPRHOJ

Last edited:
In my experience (T300 as well), there's no bug in the calibration and changing that value from 0.9 to 1.0 achieves nothing except making the FFB slightly heavier (and increasing the chance of clipping). Same goes for loading the preset.

The only issue there seems to be (for me at least) is that the virtual wheel appears out of sync if you have driver hands enabled. Disable driver hands and the virtual wheel is in sync with the real one.

I don't know , I don't use wheel&hands ingame, but for me, it change a lot , softlock didn't work, also pedals didn't work good before this. Maybe It does the trick for some.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 117 27.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 99 22.9%
  • CPU

Votes: 53 12.3%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 49 11.3%