FFB Effects missing

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there is seemingly a lack of force feedback effects, in particular curbs and ripple strips (compared to other sims and in particular AMS1). I recently got the game and have been doing testing on one of my preferred combos (SuperV8 on Adelaide) and i'm convinced that riding and using the curbs (as they do in real life) gives no feedback and if anything has the effect of slowing the car down (much like the 'sticky walls'). Has anyone else experienced this is or is it just my FFB settings (I use a T300).

I found that having the FX slider above about 10 led to the drowning out of the curbs by the engine rumble.
Try this first then you can increase the FX slider up again. I use 40 or so (CSW2.5) with the no engine mod.
I haven’t noticed the curbs slowing me down though, I’ll look into that.

Engine vibration is killing many other effects on low and mid-range wheels (maybe even high-end too, to be honest) which is why I made the simple mod Dan has linked to. Without that vibration you can start to feel road rumble, curbs, and the various tyre scrubbing effects that were "invisible" before. Personally, I really think Reiza need to give us more customisation options for FFB because there is no "one size fits all" possible with such a subjective feature. Two sliders just don't cater well to all the different wheels and their capabilities, or to the huge range of personal preferences.

It's also worth noting that FFB varies wildly between cars right now. For example, I was testing another FFB mod yesterday. In the SuperV8 it felt completely dead, seemingly with nothing but cornering forces. Later I tried the same FFB with the same settings in the Formula V12 and... wow. The FFB blew me away, it was so alive. This is something that should be helped when the individual car multipliers are added.

Reiza have also said there are further FFB tweaks coming soon, including a minimum force setting, and that this should make the FFB good enough for the v1.0 release.

I haven’t noticed the curbs slowing me down though, I’ll look into that.

I have only noticed it on Adelaide on coming onto the back straight, the car seems to bottom out and as such has the same slowing effect as the walls. again haven't tried many other circuits as I only have about 100 minutes in AMS2 and most of that has been spent trying to set up the FFB

So I downloaded that FFB mod listed above and had a quick go around Jerez in the Formula V12....WOW such a huge difference in feedback and feel. Still not quite to where I would like it (would like more weight at high speed so you can 'feel' the car working and more feedback of tyres scrubbing when understeering). But the difference that mod has made is incredible. You are also right in saying some cars are much better then others - Formula V12 really good, SuperV8 not so much. However Reiza are still massaging the physics engine so I have renewed confidence they will eventually hit the sweet spot. Thanks for linking that FFB mod, totally changed the game for me :thumbsup:

I didnot feel anything and so cannot drive. G920 with gain 100 lfb 60 fx 50

is there curbs only cosmetic in this game, i jump over the curbs and feel nothing, slide too easy cannot catch slides, in rf2 ans ams1 the feel of driving is great.
But i feel nothing while driving? And recommendations about ffb?

I didnot feel anything and so cannot drive. G920 with gain 100 lfb 60 fx 50

is there curbs only cosmetic in this game, i jump over the curbs and feel nothing, slide too easy cannot catch slides, in rf2 ans ams1 the feel of driving is great.
But i feel nothing while driving? And recommendations about ffb?
I found that having the FX slider above about 10 led to the drowning out of the curbs by the engine rumble.
Try this first then you can increase the FX slider up again.

As above.

We really need a way to separate out the various FX so we can choose which we want and which we don't like Assetto Corsa has.

The main feel I am loosing is the weight feel when on the brakes. There ought to be some sense of how close you are to locking up with small movements of the wheel and feeling all the weight on the fronts but alas its completely lacking leading to a numb feeling on brake and turn in trail braking.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there is seemingly a lack of force feedback effects, in particular curbs and ripple strips (compared to other sims and in particular AMS1). I recently got the game and have been doing testing on one of my preferred combos (SuperV8 on Adelaide) and i'm convinced that riding and using the curbs (as they do in real life) gives no feedback and if anything has the effect of slowing the car down (much like the 'sticky walls'). Has anyone else experienced this is or is it just my FFB settings (I use a T300).

I came here today for the same reason. I'm using simucube and sfx100. I can clearly feel the rumble strips through the chassis but nothing through the wheel. I played with the slider but got nothing.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 123 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.1%