Sell Fanatec McLaren GT3 with QR adapter

Selling my McLaren GT3 wheel as I just don't use it any more. This really is a lovely wheel and I know with the rising prices of these I am going to regret it later, but right now it's been sat on a shelf for a month and just don't use it, so maybe someone else can get the enjoyment out of it.

There are a couple of issues however:

1. The OLED display has gradually faded to the point it's no longer visible. It appears the backlight is the issue as in the complete dark you can still see the screen, however this does need addressing. It doesn't affect the functionality of the wheel, but to be perfect it will need addressing. I have the original invoice and it's registered with Fanatec so I can transfer the info over to the new owner. It is however out of warranty so OLED needs to be repaired at the buyers expense. I am planning to do this myself, so if it hasn't sold within a couple of weeks I'll sort it and re-list it.

2. Some of the button caps are broken so I have removed all of them. This is a typical Fanatec issue but I personally refuse to pay Fanatec postage prices for some small plastic button caps that have no bearing on the functionality of the rim! I will include all the non broken ones, but it's easier to say they are not there and any that you do end up with are a bonus.

I have all the original box, foam packaging etc and will be sold with everything, including the original invoice. It's worth noting that I bought this wheel used, but from my team-mate and I assure you, other than the above issues it's in full working order and great condition.

£275 ono collected from North Oxfordshire or will post anywhere at buyers expense. Post office is next door so it's no hassle at all.

I know I'm going to regret this...

(also have a three week old Fanatec WRC for sale shortly too)

Attachments

• Mclaren_1.png
    Mclaren_1.png
    607.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Mclaren_QR.png
    Mclaren_QR.png
    602.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Mclaren_back.png
    Mclaren_back.png
    659.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Update - the WRC wheel sold to a nice chap from here.

The Mclaren rim is still for sale and I now have info from Fanatec about a replacement OLED screen. However, the part itself is only €10 but they want €20 for shipping. The part is the size, shape and weight of an SD card...

Having said that, I put the Mclaren rim on the rig the other day just to test it and the OLED came back on, but faded again after a while.

Open to serious offers in it's current state, it's fully functional just the screen doesn't work as it should.

Latest News

Back