Exporting Liveries?

Hi Guys,
I´d like to export a given livery from the game (my own car for sure) to add sponsor-logos etc. Is there a way to export it? So far i have found tutorials for importing liveries, not exporting...
Rgds
Stefan

Hey Stefan, Yes there is! It is called Race Element and it's also listed at overtake gg.

Just visit the Liveries Tab of the app, then right click one of the liveries in the left side list and either add it to a skin pack or save it as a .Zip file.. there is a lot more but it should help you out!
In case you wanted to create a custom livery, I recommend clicking the "Create New Livery" button as that sets up all the basics files and folders for a custom livery.

Here is a guide on how to use this tab of the app: https://race.elementfuture.com/guide/how-to-use-liveries

Enjoy!

RaceElement_2CXOjKMGYU.png

Last edited:
Hey Stefan, Yes there is! It is called Race Element and it's also listed at overtake gg.

Just visit the Liveries Tab of the app, then right click one of the liveries in the left side list and either add it to a skin pack or save it as a .Zip file.. there is a lot more but it should help you out!
In case you wanted to create a custom livery, I recommend clicking the "Create New Livery" button as that sets up all the basics files and folders for a custom livery.

Here is a guide on how to use this tab of the app: https://race.elementfuture.com/guide/how-to-use-liveries

Enjoy!

View attachment 768852

Hi Buddy, thanks for your reply. To understand what´s going on, I created a new livery, R8GT2#59. The folder will be generated and it contains decals and sponsors json. Clicking on Generate DDS Files only brings the DDS Genrator on screen, but no dds are made... I´m pretty sure i forgot something, but dunno what it could be...
Rgds
Stefan

Attachments

• RaceElement Screen.JPG
    RaceElement Screen.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 25
Oh, one more concerning the core question... I don´t want to create a completely new livery from scratch. I want to take a livery that is in the game after having a livery changed as "individual" and just add sponsorlogos etc. The paintjob itself is done within the game... So far i don´t see any function to export this files...

Oh, one more concerning the core question... I don´t want to create a completely new livery from scratch. I want to take a livery that is in the game after having a livery changed as "individual" and just add sponsorlogos etc. The paintjob itself is done within the game... So far i don´t see any function to export this files...
You need the livery .json file, you can find it in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Custom/Cars (usually the most recently changed file).
What I would do is for this time, open up the .json in the above folder for the livery you made in-game, once you edit it in game it will be the most recently changed file.
Also open up the custom livery .json file for the custom livery you made in race element (right click it and click "View Livery Json in Explorer", it will select the .json file for you in the explorer).

Copy all contents over from the first to the second file, except for the line that says "customSkinName" and you should be good.

Hi, nope, copied all the text from the .json of the ingame car to the json of the livery i´ve made in RE. But see what happens... The grid is empty, except the logo that i have put in... Shouldn´t the gridfile have the correct colors?

Attachments

• R8_blau.JPG
    R8_blau.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 28
Hi, nope, copied all the text from the .json of the ingame car to the json of the livery i´ve made in RE. But see what happens... The grid is empty, except the logo that i have put in... Shouldn´t the gridfile have the correct colors?
What you see is just a stacked(sponsors.png and decals.png) representation of the custom livery files if they exist. I had plans to add a 3d viewer for the actual livery, but not for now.

If you would like to see the result of what you did, I'd recommend to disable the option(image below) as long as you work on the livery and re-enable it once you finish working on it and start racing again.
Then once you've made a change and either saved the sponsors or decals png file just re-open the custom livery in the in-game showroom.

(some info, the game usually converts the .png files to .dds files as that file format is better suited to usage in 3D, but if they exist it won't do it again. The setting in the below image circumvents it, it is a setting in the acc .ini files which is put into the race element app to make it easier. More info about the dds files here: https://www.overtake.gg/threads/acc-not-creating-dss_1-files.258756/post-3780305 )

("Allow ACC to Generate DDS Files" option, change it before you start the game)
RaceElement_824b85QKb6.png

Last edited:
Well, i´m pretty sure we´re talking different things... So I´ll try to describe my workflow. ;-)
a) editing a individual car ingame
b) chosing a car style that i like (e.g. Design 4)
c) saving this car
d) rename the new folder in Cars
c) editing the json, type in the name for the upcoming liveries folder
d) create a new liveries folder
e) download the appropiate livery template, put it into the liveries folder of the new car

and now here´s where my problem begins...

I want to have the correct colors of the car shown on the template *.psd and load this into Photoshop to add personal sponsor logos etc... I do NOT want to paint the car in my graphics editor... So how do i export the livery i have made in game so it will be shown in the template?

Well, i´m pretty sure we´re talking different things... So I´ll try to describe my workflow. ;-)
a) editing a individual car ingame
b) chosing a car style that i like (e.g. Design 4)
c) saving this car
d) rename the new folder in Cars
c) editing the json, type in the name for the upcoming liveries folder
d) create a new liveries folder
e) download the appropiate livery template, put it into the liveries folder of the new car

and now here´s where my problem begins...

I want to have the correct colors of the car shown on the template *.psd and load this into Photoshop to add personal sponsor logos etc... I do NOT want to paint the car in my graphics editor... So how do i export the livery i have made in game so it will be shown in the template?

For next time, I would skip step C,D,E and F and just create the base for the custom livery with the app and then do step A. After that you will indeed still need the templates.

The only thing that currently comes close to showing what your livery will be looking like is https://acc-liveries.vercel.app/ or by simply using the in-game showroom. For the in-game showroom please read the steps above( https://www.overtake.gg/threads/exporting-liveries.274139/#post-3783250 ).

Another thing you could do.. is to use Blender(free and open source 3d modeling software), there are guides on how to use it on youtube.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 243 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 149 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 265 42.9%
  • Graphics

Votes: 188 30.5%
  • Car customization