Experiences with the Fanatec BMW M4 GT3?

I am considering this wheel for GT class racing. I already have a wheel for F1.

I would like to know if anyone who has this steering wheel can share their thoughts. Also, whether any feature or function which is necessary or helpful for real racing is actually detrimental for SIM racing.

Thx.

Ordered something like the day after it came out and mine still hasn't shipped, so I don't think you'll be getting a lot of responses yet.

Even without having received it I would say if you're not interested in the "real actual car part" aspect of it, there are much better\cheaper options out there.

Ordered something like the day after it came out and mine still hasn't shipped, so I don't think you'll be getting a lot of responses yet.

Even without having received it I would say if you're not interested in the "real actual car part" aspect of it, there are much better\cheaper options out there.
Hi. It’s not that I am not interested, it’s that I know it was designed car first and then sim second. Therefore I am wondering if any sacrifices were made that impact sim racers versus other wheels.

Price-wise it seems reasonable given the cost of other high end GT wheels like the GSI GT-Max.

Note I currently have Fanatec’s next high-end BME based Porsche GT3 wheel. I have swapped the Porsche rim for a Sparco and Momo (swapping depending on my mood :) ). Generally I don’t like the button dial layout of the BME which is why my search is on.

Thanks for responding and let us know what you think when your wheel comes in!

I have one and have been using it for a while. What would you like to know more of? Overall the wheel is really well made and definitely made with consideration to IRL use. Even with that in mind, I don't think it gives up any functionality for sim racing either. Two things I can point out though, one is that the current QR system (legacy QR) is definitely not that great especially in comparison to competition, hopefully Fanatec will release the new QR soon and the purchase of this wheel should include the QR when it's available. Second is if you enjoy funky switch then this wheel will not have that feature, the BMW badge is direction button but it's not the same as the funky switch, otherwise there's enough buttons and knobs to do the trick for most GT drivers.

An extra bonus point, for the price, I do think you pay for the gimmick factor of this being the real deal for real life racing. Consider the price of $1500 and what you get now with other wheels with a full size screen for either around the same price or less, I do think this wheel is a bit overpriced. Since I race in VR, the lack of a screen is not a big deal for me and I do like the feel of it in my hands vs all other Fanatec wheels out in the market right now.

Latest News

Back