F1 2010 Expectation Level of teams

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I am on PS3. Pro level. Career mode.

First season was with Lotus. Came 6th in the championship. I got signed up by Force India as 2nd Driver on a 1 year deal.

I am now expected to Qualify 4th and finish 3rd in seemingly every race.

This means that the first driver must be expected to finish 2nd right?

Does the game really think Force India is 2nd and 3rd best cars in the game? Above red bulls, Ferari etc?

I am on PS3. Pro level. Career mode.

First season was with Lotus. Came 6th in the championship. I got signed up by Force India as 2nd Driver on a 1 year deal.

I am now expected to Qualify 4th and finish 3rd in seemingly every race.

This means that the first driver must be expected to finish 2nd right?

Does the game really think Force India is 2nd and 3rd best cars in the game? Above red bulls, Ferari etc?

Your contractual terms has nothing in common with the 1st driver of your team.
That's why you have achievement :Win the team m8 competition.If the 1st driver has а contract to finish 2nd, then your chances to win this competition become minimum.It's a game mechanic.
I think Force India is pretty good team :).

Your contractual terms has nothing in common with the 1st driver of your team.
That's why you have achievement :Win the team m8 competition.If the 1st driver has а contract to finish 2nd, then your chances to win this competition become minimum.It's a game mechanic.
I think Force India is pretty good team :).

I udnerstand that beating team mate is what counts.

But its extremely disheartening when I finish 5th in qualifiction in a Force India at a difficult track, yet I "fail to achieve any of the goals set" because I'm expected to finish 4th.

Thus rep points are extremely hard to come by.

I udnerstand that beating team mate is what counts.

But its extremely disheartening when I finish 5th in qualifiction in a Force India at a difficult track, yet I "fail to achieve any of the goals set" because I'm expected to finish 4th.

Thus rep points are extremely hard to come by.

Aye.But still you have a race after qualy.If you manage to finish 3rd then the message will be different :)
P.S Actually i think with Force India it is hard to get the right setup for each race.Maybe because there's no much setups for this team.
But compared with the rest top teams on race , i see they are doing quite well.

And 1 more thing that i have noticed in the game. All collisions caused against the rest of teams during your carrier ,counts a lot for a new contract. I have 13 podiums till now, 10 first places with 8 Poll positions my level is 27 now and with 8 teams now i have Disregarded status even that they require 24 lvl.
And about Interviews -important how to answer. I got Mclaren offer in the first season ..i think after Marina bay . I haven't even Interested status about Mclaren team. But on the interview there was a question : Who i count as my main rival /something like that/ i pick Hamilton , and after 3 times beating him on race .I suddenly got an offer from Mclaren :).

Nakata,
1) The teams expectations are directly linked to the R&D Path.
Agressive-Highest expectations
Intermediate-Middle
Balanced-Lowest.
You only get to set this path once a year at the last race-Abu Dhabi, until then you are stuck with the default.
Force Indias default is Agressive.
If you stay with them you can thus change it for next season.
You could do quite well in the Force India it is a tier 3 car.
If you want max rep points then you need a Merc or Toro Rosso or stay for year 2 with your team and change R&D. Unless you are confident and you can take higher requirements.
For your interest here are all the default R&D settings:
Ferrari
aggressive
McLaren
intermediate
Mercedes
balanced
Redbull
aggressive
Renault
intermediate
Torro Ross
balanced
Williams
intermediate
Force India
aggressive
Sauber
aggressive
HRT
balanced
Virgin
intermediate
Lotus
balanced

2)When you are asked to pick your rival (the rival challenge system) it is designed to give you a sure contract offer at seasons end by beating that rival. It will last only one year unless you get the reqd rep points.

3) Interviews: To get other teams interested you basically have to be very negative about your team/team mate/car all season. Normally the left side answer. After Hungary suddenly they will have noticed you. Its this and not collisions

rep points are flawed anyway, I would say mod mod mod but you are on a console :frown: so my only other recommendations to rectify your situation is :pill: or :beer: one or the other should make you feel better, both...you might not remember where you are...or who you are for that matter

3) Interviews: To get other teams interested you basically have to be very negative about your team/team mate/car all season. Normally the left side answer. After Hungary suddenly they will have noticed you. Its this and not collisions

Oh my bad.Thanks.Was enlightening btw.I never said something that could harm my team mate but for sure if there was such option to give ...i could answer :He suck! And kick him out of the team! He don't deserve the spot.Almost always hes finishing last or damage hes car unable even to finish the race.Hehe. Just kidding, i know its a game mechanic :cool:.

Rich. I know you can do your best.And doesn't really matter if your team m8 needs to finish above you or not.
Good choice with Force India again.

P.S Hey, i never drоve with them , but if you gonna like them,wish you luck in the version 2011 if they gonna put the unique F-duct system that they have and using on certain tracks.

My view is that the game does not give any thought to your driver status (#1 or #2) relative to the teams expectations.
Example when as #2 driver at Ferrari my race objective was often P1.
It seems driven simply by:
R&D Agressive = Very high expectations, Intermediate=med, Balanced =Lowest.
In the Lotus in year 4 (on Agressive path) I was often tasked with qualifying 3rd and Race P1 so it just can't be taking it into consideration.
That said the team mate seems to be given a go-slow pill when you join a team also. Trulli was mostly P22-24 in my Lotus years and when I joined Ferrari he was suddenly in the points. Maybe it was a relationship issue and he couldn't produce his best until I left?

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.4%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.1%