Cars Editing Kunos cars with Assetto Corsa Car Tunner and making it a legit upgrade?

I used ACCT to edit the Ferrari FXX K steering lock so it could take tight hairpins, and I want to do it to other cars as well. But before that, I want to figure out if I can turn that custom upgrade into a legitimate upgrade for the car. I noticed Content Manager does not register data (lap times, replays) when driving a car with an edited data file, and I want to have that.

It works for me. I used ACCT to make versions of the Kunos F2004 and F138 for myself with more steering for Monaco. I just did a few laps around Silverstone in each, and it recorded my times as per usual.

I've read CM does this to cars with "custom data" and it's meant for modding, to ease the job of modders when testing stuff in the data of the car. But I'm no modder, I just want to improve some cars for my personal use.

I think I can have a guess at what you've done, it's a common issue that even affects one Kunos car. There are naming rules when creating a car, any car folder that has capital letters or is more than a certain length, CM will not track the data such as distance driven or speed achieved.

You can see this on the Kunos Lamborghini Huracan Performante, the folder name for the car is too long and so CM doesn't track the stats. When you created your modified FXXK, did you use capitals or increase the length of the car name? If you did, then just delete your modified car and re-create it, but with a simple name in the car tuner, you can always set the name in the UI to whatever you want later.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 179 25.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 84 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 124 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 79 11.2%