Tracks Dynamic Objects values explanation requested

I am trying to add many dynamic objects onto tracks and want to play with the variables but have some questions

Example:
RND_POS_CENTER=-319.09, 104.87, 93.99

How does one obtain these values from a track? What do each of these 3 values represent? Can we set these to 0,0,0? Appears that these numbers play a pivotal role in where the dynamic object randomly appears on each start.

RND_POS_RANGE=1500,10,1000 - The first and last values are map distances in meters. Middle value is initial height of object on track. If the first value represents the distance across the map (let's say 1.5km) then what does the third value represent? How do we know the size of the map? Would we just use the "length" value of the track listed in content manager?

RND_VEL_BASE=0.3,0.2,0.3 - first and last values are speed in meters/sec. Middle value is lift speed. I understand these values

RND_VEL_RANGE=0.1,0,0.1 - what are these values and how do they get applied?

This all seems like a lot of required work if we wanted to add 100+ dynamic elements due to these potentially random values from RND_POS_CENTER

Values for LeMans (13.6km) and Spa (7km) might differ greatly

Objective 1 - make hundreds of balloons appear in random places in the sky properly spread across the entire map - as opposed to appearing within a small section of the sky

Objective 2 - insert airliners and planes at various places in the sky

Objective 3 - place a helicopter along a track route - but how does one obtain those exact coordinates?

I wish there was a tutorial on here somewhere that helps explain these values in details. If something like that exists, please point myself and others to that. Thanks!

they're all in XYZ coordinates - in AC that's east-west, up-down, north-south in principle, although actually tracks can set the direction of the north pole in their data to suit the direction it's modeled.
POS_CENTER is the base coordinate it uses.
Then it generates a number between -RND_POS_RANGE and +RND_POS_RANGE for each axis and adds it to the position.

So pretty much you just pick a place on the track in your 3d editor, type that place in, and the object appears there. And then set the variation with range.

Velocity is the same 2 things, base amount and a random number added to it.

With base AC there's no more to it, the object continues with that velocity the duration of the session, the only possible options are stationary, or moving in a straight line.

With CSP there's more settings available, but (pretty common to CSP) nobody knows it exists or writes tutorials about it. I believe if you want it to follow a track you just have to model that track and refer to the name of that mesh and it'll go along it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back