AC DriveToSurvive@Baku, Thursday 9th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Another city track!!!! But now with a long straight so better overtake opportunities. Learn the track so you can better follow the F1 onboards the next sunday.

STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE! JUST SEND ME A PM AND I'LL ADD YOU!

If you didn't sign up for this all season championship, go here and post a request to enter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 12 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:15 CEST, 19:15 BST (18:15 UTC) | 12 minutes - Qualification
  • 20:30 CEST, 19:30 BST (18:30 UTC) | 30 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ligier JS8 S1
  • Track: GPK Baku, Azerbaijan
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 28C air/41C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 10 minutes.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Just checked and saw that I'll most likely not make any of the next 5 races (and definitely there'll be a few more later that I'll miss). All thursdays are blocked for different reasons... if I'm blocking the spot in the championship I could leave (if that's possible?).

I'm sorry, really just noticed, in the past Thursdays were usually free.

Just checked and saw that I'll most likely not make any of the next 5 races (and definitely there'll be a few more later that I'll miss). All thursdays are blocked for different reasons... if I'm blocking the spot in the championship I could leave (if that's possible?).

I'm sorry, really just noticed, in the past Thursdays were usually free.
Hi Arne. Please stay in the championship. If it gets full, I can always remove you.

Guys,

I just got a message from the maker of the GPK tracks that the Baku track will be updated on S.GP tomorrow. It's now 0.9 and will be 1.0. This latest version is already on RaceDepartment for download.

At least that's the plan. So please update to 1.0 before the event starts but keep a copy of 0.9 just in case it went wrong.

Another thing is that I will not join you for the event. I have a business meeting.

Guys, please WAIT before installing the new download. (Just download to your PC, that is a good idea!)

As long as the link on the event page points to the old version, (see below)
v9Bm4s2.png

you need to still use the old version in your game...
The number "75477" is the old version 0.99, and the number "90658" would be the new 1.0 Version.

BUT download the new version to your PC (WITHOUT installing it in Content Manager) as soon as possible to be on the safe side. (using this link here: Download 1.0 of Baku ) And here the link for the old 0.99 version: Download 0.99 of Baku
If s.gp updates the track in the last minute, you can just install the downloaded zip file into Content Manager by dragging the file into the Content Manager window without downloading it again.

Last edited:
I'm looking very much forward to tonight's race!!
Sad to hear than Han will miss is though :(
But I can't wait to go 5-wide with you on the long straights and then all slide and die in the next corner :D

At Monaco the car was still manageable with worn tyres. But at Baku, the rears just go and then you're sliding all over the place...
So I will 99% likely go for a tyre change this time!

Holy moly that was intense!
Practicing the start with the clutch paid off!
Started in P3 but toom the lead into the first corner and managed to stay in front for a few laps.

Fulvio and Thomas had an incident and I had a big gap but I saw Fulvio coming closer and closer. I wasn't sure whether to change tyres or not but when I started to make mistakes and almost lost the car, I decided to change them at the end of the lap.

Braked a bit too late, had to reverse and when I came out, Fulvio was 3s in front.
He didn't change tyres but I knew he would struggle from now on!

With the fresh tyres, the fronts didn't turn in during the outlap so it was 5s at the end of that lap.

5 laps to go and after being slower in the 3rd lap, I put in my best lap of the race in the 4th lap and got close enough to have a chance at taking the lead and win in the last lap.

After the first left/right I was right at his rear and I though about diving to the inside into the second left/right but didn't go for it.
I was a lot faster into the old city part but Fulvio's car was dancing around and I had to tap the brakes to keep it clean.

I smashed the throttle at the uphill exit, managed to get side by side for the fast little left hander and his rear just didn't have enough grip so he had to let me go in front for the fast left downhill.
I took maximum kerb, accelerated right to the wall, covered the inside a little bit and then my rear tyres simply had way more traction for the long straight and I stayed in front.

Phew, that was awesome!!

I'll probably never take a win in any "serious" event but getting a few moments to shine after racing for almost 5 years in the AC clubs, I really enjoy it! :redface::geek::D

Here's my start and the last lap battle in a short video:

This series is very fun for those of us who may never see podium spots in "serious" races as you put it Rasmus. These cars are good equalizers :) Congrats on the win!

Didn't have much time to relax today. First bunch of laps saw me Ernie and Paul all within a second of each other lap after lap. Unfortunately Paul caught a corner and me and Ernie got by. For the rest of the race Ernie was glued to my tail. Managed to hold the gap and eventually got caught up to by Fulvio. I ended up "announcing" my pit stop as he was right behind me drafting on the straight, and saw both Paul and Ernie follow me into the pits. So much for strategy :laugh: Came out, held my gap to Ernie, who by the last lap had cut a 5s diff to 1.5s :whistling: and "passed" Thomas as he pitted with a few min let in the pit window.

Very fun track. Would put this one on a list of tracks and car combos to run some tues with the larger group if you ever were thinking about it Han.

And as always, I want to apologize to anyone who was behind me and felt I cut off their racing line. I am in no way in control of this car enough to defend and I'm just trying to survive on track :D

Thanks Markus for hosting today. Not as much of a backmarker as you promised at race start :p

Last edited:
Thanks Marcus for hosting today. Not as much of a backmarker as you promised at race start :p
Yes, I admit that *really slow* cars are exactly my cup of tea. And your and Rasmus' words 'This series is very fun for those of us who may never see podium spots in "serious" races' are spot-on!

I think we need more races in the future with underpowered but fun cars. There are some on s.gp like DM Uno Turbo, Estonia-3, Fiat Panda 900, Ford Transit, Skoda 130 RS, and of course Kunos' original Abarths, Audi S1, Mazda Miata and Toyota AE86. Maybe Han, Brian or myself will come up with some slow fun in the future...

Yes, I admit that *really slow* cars are exactly my cup of tea. And your and Rasmus' words 'This series is very fun for those of us who may never see podium spots in "serious" races' are spot-on!

I think we need more races in the future with underpowered but fun cars. There are some on s.gp like DM Uno Turbo, Estonia-3, Fiat Panda 900, Ford Transit, Skoda 130 RS, and of course Kunos' original Abarths, Audi S1, Mazda Miata and Toyota AE86. Maybe Han, Brian or myself will come up with some slow fun in the future...
Yes, I've done some events with those cars. Panda at Black Cat County short was a blast!

The fun part of the Ligier is that it's slow, manageable at and beyond the limit, has no abs or tc and slides a lot.
But it feels fast and like a kart at the same time!
And has this awesome, screaming bike engine with the fast and furious sequential gearbox! :D

Most slower cars won't drift right from the apex if you tap the brakes and go on the throttle!
Or they have abs so everyone slams the brakes at the same spot...

Oooor they are just difficult like the skip barber.

I'd really like to have the Ligier physics in a great looking chassis so more people would be excited to join events with it...

Latest News

Back