AC DRIVE TO SURVIVE@RedBullRing, Thu 7th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week the RedBullRing in Austria. A track with a very nice flow if you can master the off cambercorners. But will the tyres last??

STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE! JUST SEND ME A PM AND I'LL ADD YOU!

If you didn't sign up for this all season championship, go here and post a request to enter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 12 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:15 CEST, 19:15 BST (18:15 UTC) | 12 minutes - Qualification
  • 20:30 CEST, 19:30 BST (18:30 UTC) | 30 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ligier JS8 S1
  • Track: GPK Red Bull Ring, Austria
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 23C air/34C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 10 minutes.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Warning: Today the track is updated to version 1.1
So is the practice server now!

A weird thing happened at the start, my camera position changed to a view from behind the car. I didn’t realise and thought that I was following another car but It was actually me I was following into T1. By the time I realised, Fulvio and Sandor had got by but after overtaking myself:p:p I went off after Sandor.
It took a couple of laps to get by and then I had Ernie for company.
This battle went on all race long as we pitted at the same time but I managed to hang on to lead a four car train into P3 as best of the rest behind the super quick Rasmus and Fulvio.
Thanks Han for setting this up and well done all for making a race of it.:thumbsup:

Well, that was one way to win a race, lol!

Look at these beautiful shadows from the fence with TAA and GrassFX! :ninja::whistling:
View attachment 580227

But AC physics never disappoint, so look at this video of the crash!

Meanwhile, I was casually cruising to the win in motorcycle-style :roflmao::roflmao: (that emojie fits so well, lol!)
View attachment 580230
Seems you guys had fun which is great, pity I missed it due to internet problems. In training could do low 1.16 times, high 1.15 is indeed fast. Oh, just got connected again after nearly a whole day. Thx Vodafone.......

Seems you guys had fun which is great, pity I missed it due to internet problems. In training could do low 1.16 times, high 1.15 is indeed fast. Oh, just got connected again after nearly a whole day. Thx Vodafone.......
Yeah we would've loved to have you in the mix!
Laptimes highly vary with grip, wind and temps! I didn't look at them due to this.

Btw Han: could we increase the laps needed to improve by 20% but make the session translation to 99% or so?
Currently it's qualy with 96-98% grip and then race with 96 again and just barely reaching 100% on longer tracks.

Would be cool to get qualy to 99 or 100 at the end and then start the race with 98 or 99 and getting full grip after 10 minutes.

Might make tyre change yes/no more difficult to judge too.
Currently the lower grip with increased slip shreds through the first set of rears :whistling:

I didn't check the config before to be honest... but now had some thinking. :p

So we have:

Start value = 96
Randomness = 0
Transferred grip = 0
Laps to improve grip = 20

Practice beginning: 96%
Laps in practice: 33 -> 97% grip

Qualy beginning: 96% again
Qualy laps: 42 -> 98% grip for the last 2 laps that were done

Race beginning: 96%
Race laps: 172 :D
96% -> 100% needs 80 laps, so around halfway through the race we got to full grip.

My example calculation that I would personally like:

Start value = 96%
Randomness = 0
Transferred grip = 75
Laps to improve = 22

Would've went like this then:

Qualy beginning: 96 or 97%, not sure? But afaik it's saved with decimals...
Qualy laps: 42 -> so safely 98% for a few last laps I'd guess.

Race beginning: 97-98%
Race laps: 172
-->> 100% after 40 laps, meaning after around 7 minutes but definitely full grip for the second stint, making shredded tyres less slippery and fresh tyres grip a bit more.

My hope would be that the cliff at the end of the tyres would come a bit later. Right now it gets really uncontrollable towards the last 8 minutes. Monaco was fine but when I tested with x5 tyre-wear at Baku, I couldn't even roll through corners anymore without risking to spin :roflmao:

At Paul Ricard, the lap times will be around 1:50'ish. Taking RBR as a baseline, that would roughly mean:
20 laps in practice
30 laps in qualy
120 laps in the race

I guess the "laps to improve" could be set to 15-20 or the transferred grip set to 90-100 :coffee: (or both?)

Just some input, I'm fine with whatever you decide Han, or the rest would like! For me, the sliding is fun, but i find these cars to be the most fun to drive with full grip.

I didn't check the config before to be honest... but now had some thinking. :p

So we have:

Start value = 96
Randomness = 0
Transferred grip = 0
Laps to improve grip = 20

Qualy beginning: 96% again
Qualy laps: 42 -> 98% grip for the last 2 laps that were done

Race beginning: 96%
Race laps: 172 :D
96% -> 100% needs 80 laps, so around halfway through the race we got to full grip.

My example calculation that I would personally like:

Start value = 96%
Randomness = 0
Transferred grip = 75
Laps to improve = 22

Would've went like this then:

Qualy beginning: 96 or 97%, not sure? But afaik it's saved with decimals...
Qualy laps: 42 -> so safely 98% for a few last laps I'd guess.

Race beginning: 97-98%
Race laps: 172
-->> 100% after 40 laps, meaning after around 7 minutes but definitely full grip for the second stint, making shredded tyres less slippery and fresh tyres grip a bit more.

My hope would be that the cliff at the end of the tyres would come a bit later. Right now it gets really uncontrollable towards the last 8 minutes. Monaco was fine but when I tested with x5 tyre-wear at Baku, I couldn't even roll through corners anymore without risking to spin :roflmao:

At Paul Ricard, the lap times will be around 1:50'ish. Taking RBR as a baseline, that would roughly mean:
20 laps in practice
30 laps in qualy
120 laps in the race

I guess the "laps to improve" could be set to 15-20 or the transferred grip set to 90-100 :coffee: (or both?)

Just some input, I'm fine with whatever you decide Han, or the rest would like! For me, the sliding is fun, but i find these cars to be the most fun to drive with full grip.
I had set the laps to improve grip for 15+ participants. With only 7 drivers it will take twice as long.
But from my experience now I don't think the lower grip contributes to the fun so I will set it to 100 for the next races.

Latest News

Back