AC Drive to Survive@Istanbul, Thu 16th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

And again a city track!!!! Because Montreal isn't available (yet) on S.GP, we've found a good replacement with the Istanbul circuit. The maker of the GPK tracks is currently working on Montreal and if it's in time available, we will go there instead. So keep watching this thread for the latest information.

STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE! JUST SEND ME A PM AND I'LL ADD YOU!

If you didn't sign up for this all season championship, go here and post a request to enter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 12 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:15 CEST, 19:15 BST (18:15 UTC) | 12 minutes - Qualification
  • 20:30 CEST, 19:30 BST (18:30 UTC) | 30 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ligier JS8 S1
  • Track: GPK Istanbul, Turkey
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 27C air/40C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 10 minutes.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Starting to find my groove in this series :)

On the smaller size for the grid, but besides the 2 speedsters in the front, the back 4 managed to clog up another mini circuit :laugh:

Great racing everyone. Impressive that we all managed to go side by side through some turns with minimal carnage.

As for my race, I got a terrible start dropping 2 places off the bat. Then I was stuck behind hans doublewide liger until I touched a kerb and spun off (side note, the kerbs in these cars tilt you at like a 45 degree angle :laugh: ). Ended up working my way back up from the back and holding out on a pitstop until lap 11 or 12 hoping that if I could last, I'd have the freshest tires at the end. Worked out that way and after another good battle with Rasmus, I was able to pull off a pass and hold it.

Sorry again Paul for not getting up to you, blame or thank Han accordingly :p And congrats Fulvio, pushing these little boxes for all their worth :thumbsup:

Thanks for racing everyone and Han for keeping this going. Our past couple races at Le Mans makes me wish these was a mini le mans to take these out for a 1hr enduro :roflmao:

Last edited:
Ended up working my way back up from the back and holding out on a pitstop until lap 11 or 12 hoping that if I could last, I'd have the freshest tires at the end. Worked out that way and after another good battle with Rasmus, I was able to pull off a pass and hold it.
Since I've spun Han around and was a bit in the middle of nowhere, I decided to let you catch up and tried to hold you behind to let Han catch up and make it a 3 wide battle :D
But as soon as you got side by side, you clearly had the fresher rear tyres and left me in the dust haha

At least I managed to spin at the end since I forgot the next corner so Han could fly past me too :roflmao:

I did 3 laps in qualy, none before that at all haha.
But I had a good reaction time at the start and nailed the clutching + first upshift.
That was a scary first lap, heading into T1 without knowing any braking point but now in P3!!
You were all 1.2-2.5s quicker than me in qualy and now I had you on my tail :roflmao: :whistling:

I tried to follow Paul to learn the track at least a little bit while also trying to not drive weirdly and cause a collision with Han.
Worked quite well!

Sadly at some point I touched Han at the end of a braking zone and he spun. These car spin super quickly...

But I had a looooot of awesome fun until then and then again when doing the Perez in front of Robert for Fazztappen :D

Offline and with 100% grip I could match Fulvio’s times but with a full baguette and low grip I was happy to take the second grid slot.
Off the line I heard Han’s desperation as Rasmus stormed by to follow me for a few laps. Early on I could hang onto Fulvio but soon he became a little black dot in the distance and the last I saw of him was at the pit stop where he had about 10 secs on me.
One stupid spin at the last corner saw me drop back into the range of the charging trio of Rasmus, Robert and Han but I managed to pick up a bit of a rhythm to keep a healthy gap to Robert.
I tried the Montreal track last night, this is a good one with flowing corners and of course that wall of death on the last chicane, hopefully we can use this sometime.
Thank Han for setting this up, I will miss Silverstone on the 30th as will be on holiday and thanks to all who turned up. Hopefully we will get more drivers as the year goes on as once you get the hang of these cars they are fun and you learn so much about throttle control, braking and lines.

Latest News

Back