AC DRIVE TO SURVIVE @Barcelona, Thursday 19th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Next is Barcelona for the F1 drivers thus also for us. Nice track with a variety of fast and slow turns. A great warm up for Monaco the following week!

STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE! JUST SEND ME A PM AND I'LL ADD YOU!

If you didn't sign up for this all season championship, go here and post a request to enter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 12 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:15 CEST, 19:15 BST (18:15 UTC) | 12 minutes - Qualification
  • 20:30 CEST, 19:30 BST (18:30 UTC) | 30 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Ligier JS8 S1
  • Track: GPK Barcelona, Spain
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 22C air/33C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 10 minutes.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp
All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Last edited:
The last third of the race felt like I was driving my old civic in an empty snow parking lot :laugh:

Thanks for keeping this series going Han. Good mix of actual racing and relaxed fun :thumbsup:

On weeks where these tracks and the Wed race match up, I think we should institute a "sprint race" with these to act as quali for the Mx5 race :roflmao:

Last edited:
I have been missing my mid week racing ( still landscaping the garden!) so was good to get back in these difficult but fun cars.
A good time in qualifying had me on pole and a clean start ahead of Thomas was a bit of a surprise. But I soon had my mirrors full of the green machine of Han and he went past after getting a 'tow' down the start straight into T1 at the start of lap 6.
But a wobbly moment out of Campsa had Han nose diving into the barrier a couple of laps later.
It was then Robert's turn to play catch up and he closed the gap as my tyres went off so time for a stop and change. I was surprised when Robert came out of the pits ahead of me and I guessed he didn't change tyres. As the minutes ticked down I could see Robert sliding and we went wide at the last chicane allowing me to make a dash for the line. Han closed in as I tried to preserve my rubber and I was happy to take the flag.
Thanks for organizing Han and well done to everyone, especially Sandor for hanging on in there, nice drive! Now looking forward to the streets of Monaco. :D

What a great match! So much fun. And damn, I could have won this one. I was fastest and in the lead for a few laps, but a moment of oversteer sent me into the barrier, losing about 18 seconds. But I enjoyed catching up and overtaking to finish 2nd. It's so much fun that the 30 minute race is a tie for the tire change strategy. Without the mandatory pit stop no change would clearly be the best, but now it's close and depends on your skills and preference to run with fully worn tires in the final laps.

Congrats to Paul and Robert for the podium and to Sander for his first race in which he didn't get lapped! And now: off to Monaco!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back