Drift Scoring App

Apps Drift Scoring App 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Damgam submitted a new resource:

Drift Scoring App - Drift Scoring made available anywhere and anytime.

A relatively simple yet complex app that gives you custom-made drift scoring system, that includes remembering personal best scores for you to challenge yourself, or your friends.

Tested on Custom Shaders Patch 0.2.4/0.2.5preview1
Compatibility with older versions is not guaranteed.

Preview Video:

[COLOR=rgb(247, 218...[/B]

Read more about this resource...

Damgam updated Drift Scoring App with a new update entry:

1.1 Let them tandems go!

- Added Extra Score Multipliers:
/ Drifting with another car nearby gives you double points (Intended, for online tandems)
/ Drifting while braking gives you half the points,
/ Drifting backwards gives you quarter the points,

- The drift score display will turn green or yellow depending on if you're getting more or less points from extra multipliers.
- Drifting Backwards no longer cancels your combo, instead, you get less points for it.
- Made scoring much more precise by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I love programming.
I'm gonna delete older versions now. They all contain a bug that gives you too many points if you go off-track while making a combo that was started on previous lap. I've FINALLY fixed it, though it will look a little glitchy on the scoreboard. yey. A proper working and looking fix will come later, i'm tired with this for now. The app is fully functional now so I can rest.

Last edited:

I love programming.

I'm gonna delete older versions now. They all contain a bug that gives you too many points if you go off-track while making a combo that was started on previous lap. I've FINALLY fixed it with 1.1.2, though it will look a little glitchy on the scoreboard. yey. A proper working and looking fix will come later, i'm tired with this for now. The app is fully functional now so I can rest.

1.2 - Angle Display and a bit of polish.

- Added new drift angle display
- Adjusted scoring - micro angles and low speed will give you less points and combo now, big angles and speeds will give more points now.
- Current Lap Score display no longer glitches out
- Replaced the dashes on the scoreboard with different one that is centered, looks better. If I feel creative one day, I will give this board a proper graphical design instead of using text for the whole thing.
- Praises can now level up by getting big enough score, instead...

1.3 I have no idea for the title, but i've fixed some stuff.

- Made sure all score related calculations are independent on the framerate as much as possible. Depending on your framerate, you're gonna see penalties being applied quicker (if you were running below 60FPS) or slower (if above 60FPS). Additionally, some small changes to how quickly penalties are applying have been made as a side effect as it was hard to get the math right with the old method.
- Made driving the track backwards penalty more strict. You shouldn't be able to circle in place...

1.4 Chained Together

- Reworked how drift combo multiplier drops off when you're not drifting. It starts slow and gets faster the longer you're out of drift. This allows you to chain drifts together with far less loss of the multiplier, while still dropping a lot when you're not drifting for a while.
- Done some changes to how penalties are calculated to use the same kind of effect - very short penalties are less harsh, long ones will wipe off your score faster.
- Added new toggle for lap scoring. Intended for...

@Damgam D1GP has had a neat system, altough it is an arcade game it has some sense in the scoring, probably more towards the competition drift mode but the general idea is quite great
The Original PS2 Game also a some nicer Gauges and Silhouette Angle (better one the JP Release) and NOS Burn and Scoring Bar

Last edited:
I'd rather not use spline since they're set up for racing line and not for drifting.
Something my app is also missing, is collision detection. I need to figure out how to do it reliably, because just asking the API for collision, isn't really working as bottoming out the car counts as collision.
Can't do "zones" either reliably without manually setting up configs for different tracks, which i'd rather avoid at all cost.

What i'm seeing above is interesting however. Giving score after you're done with the slide, it's definitely an idea, but it kinda doesn't give you immediate feedback that you're doing right stuff.

So i've opted in for a system similar to Need for Speed Underground, or CarX Drift, where you're pretty much free to do whatever and get points for doing good angles, speed and length of drift.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back