Do I keep the Simforge or Heusinkveld pedals?

OllieAikido

Premium
Hey Guys,

Looking for a little advise here.

I purchased a set of SimForge Mark 1's a few weeks back for ~£317 however with customs and tax etc. they have cost me £490 :sick: (UK, London). They did send the black edition ones which I didn't pay for so that's a win I guess.

Whilst I was waiting for those to arrive, I purchased some Heusinkveld Sprint 3's for £440 used and in excellent condition.

I don't want to open the SimForge pedals that have just arrived in case they're the ones that I sell so unfortunately I can't compare (not that I'd know what to look for!)

Do you think the SimForge pedals are worth keeping and reselling the Heusinkveld or do I just take the loss and sell the SimForge pedals for a loss and move on?

TIA for the comments.

I don't have the answer as I've only ever used the Sprints. But this isn't a good sign for SimForge:

1684514674313.png

:confused:

I don´t know about British Customer Protection Laws but in Germany you have the right to send articles back that you bought on the internet.

No idea how that would pan out in your case but I´m for the Heusinkvelds all the way.
Because of the proven quality and world class support
(and to be honest "because fanboi" too.:rolleyes:)

tbh I was eyeing the simforge too but the hassle of ordering from far away and the less convincing price after taxes made me go Heusinkveld from the beginning.

Last edited:
I don´t know about British Customer Protection Laws but in Germany you have the right to send articles back that you bought on the internet.

No idea how that would pan out in your case but I´m for the Heusinkvelds all the way.
Because of the proven quality and world class support
(and to be honest "because fanboi" too.:rolleyes:)

tbh I was eyeing the simforge too but the hassle of ordering from far away and the less convincing price after taxes made me go Heusinkveld from the beginning.
I can imagine that potentially if I pushed it, I may be able to return. However, I would have to pay shipping and customs again so I’d still be out essentially the price of the pedals so it’s not really an option.

I have the Heusinkveld pedals mounted currently and they’re a dream. I think I’ll just look at seeing if somebody wants to buy the SimForge locally, they save on shipping at least so it’s not a bad deal for someone who was looking to purchase anyway.

For the sake of fairness, as there is some negativity re: Simforge in this thread - the website was only down for a few hours, and although I purchased my 2 pedal set directly from Abruzzi in the UK my experience with Simforge customer service was excellent when I had a very minor issue that needed fixing (all it needed was some oil :rolleyes:). As for the product itself, the build quality is excellent, they are highly customisable, the calibration software is great and they are a joy to drive with, and no, I am in no way on the Simforge payroll!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 179 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 124 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 79 11.2%