Detroit GP 2023 AI + Sidelines + AI Hints

Tracks Detroit GP 2023 AI + Sidelines + AI Hints 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
mk-sg submitted a new resource:

Detroit GP 2023 AI + Sidelines + AI Hints + DRS Zone - They don't actually need to go faster but they do now lmao

Hey everyone!

View attachment 758288

Description

Following the racing calendar, here's my AI racing lines and hints for the Detroit GP 2023 circuit! The original AI lines were already very good; I just re-aligned some of the corner lines so that the AI can follow through more smoothly and also have a bit more space to go wheel-to-wheel. As a result, Indycar can go up to a second faster on low fuel around the original layout.

However, due to how far extended the grid...

Read more about this resource...

Sad to say, next version of Detroit won't work with this add-on. I had planned to upload it this weekend but got few setbacks. The reason is that I lost the coords and scale and I had to do reescale everything.

Sad to say, next version of Detroit won't work with this add-on. I had planned to upload it this weekend but got few setbacks. The reason is that I lost the coords and scale and I had to do reescale everything.
Oh dang, sorry to hear that. That sounds irritating. :( Thanks for the heads up and for making the track in the first place! I'll keep a look out once the next version comes out.

Currently I've stated that these lines work for V2.0.

Start point for "hotlap" is in the air, literally for both layouts. It's from original track or have something to do with the sidelines?

Start point for "hotlap" is in the air, literally for both layouts. It's from original track or have something to do with the sidelines?
I've tested and experienced the same thing with the original install, so hopefully its not my lines. :) Not sure if its related to CSP version. ben32star is alerted for this thread, but more appropriate to let the creators know here: https://www.overtake.gg/threads/detroit-grand-prix-2023.268907/page-2

that's because the spawn point wasn't made, I guess. But this will be fixed in the next version. By the way, hotlap is useless for me in this sim because everytime I do a hotlap the first lap doesn't count.

Last edited:
mk-sg updated Detroit GP 2023 AI + Sidelines + AI Hints with a new update entry:

Feedback Request

Hey everyone, I'm looking for players who are using my AI lines but have had the AIs rub against the wall along a straight or carry too much speed into corners. This is after ensuring that AC did not apply the old sidelines to my AI lines and not using a cached AI line (a.k.a. fast_lane_payloads.bin file exists in your /track/ai/ folder).

If you've experienced such issues, please share with me your CSP version and New AI Behavior settings. Thanks! :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thx for the efforts. So I tried a few times and it does not work for me at all. Cars crash and pile up on first corner. (Race,Trackday) I'm on latest game version, latest CM and latest SOL and CSP. Maybe others can confirm - or maybe not. :)

Thx for the efforts. So I tried a few times and it does not work for me at all. Cars crash and pile up on first corner. (Race,Trackday) I'm on latest game version, latest CM and latest SOL and CSP. Maybe others can confirm - or maybe not. :)
Thank you so much, really appreciate it! You aren't the first to report my AI lines having this issue so it got me really curious as to how it can vary across systems, despite being on the same CSP. Hopefully I get more data points to understand.

Is New AI Behaviour enabled for you? How does this part of your settings look, if you don't mind sharing? :)
1717783819813.png

Last edited:
Thank you! :) It doesn't seem like you're on CSP 0.2.4-preview1 version, looks more like 0.2.2 based on my checks. And my AI lines worked just fine. If I could ask you for one more favor, could you check in the detroit_2023 folder if this is how your folder looks like? I've had people feedback to me that they needed to clear everything in it first before pasting my AI lines, then the AI won't crash. Thank you!

1717819333220.png
1717819476630.png

Yeah I was an older CSP version - wasn't aware of that after reinstall. The track and your updates is installed correctly, triple checked. I will now test more and report back. Thank you.

Latest News

Back