Custom resolution

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Anyone know if it is possible to set the resolution to 2560x1080? It isn't an option on the graphics menu.

Anyone know if it is possible to set the resolution to 2560x1080? It isn't an option on the graphics menu.
There's a file called DX11 at ...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Le Mans Ultimate\UserData
You could edit htis vie Notepad.
You'll need to change the values for VideoResW and VideoResH to your desired resolution:
1708877852431.png

There's a file called DX11 at ...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Le Mans Ultimate\UserData
You could edit htis vie Notepad.
You'll need to change the values for VideoResW and VideoResH to your desired resolution:
View attachment 733052
Thanks! Tried doing that already and it didn't work sadly.

Isn't it odd the dx11 file has exactly the same path as rf2!?!

Yes it is possible with caveats.
Best way is to explain my situation.

Rig: 3440x1440
Everyday: 4K TV
W11 Pro

I run right click desktop context from Winaero
Select Project Display second monitor I get 4K ( no way to change this as DP takes precedence over HDMi )
I can't set 3440x1440 on 4K anyway I try.

HOWEVER
If I Project Display to "extended mode" I can then set and use 3440x1440 on the 4K , whether rig monitor is on/off as long as extended mode has been selected prior.

;) depends what monitors and resolution you have and want of course.

So I can perfectly replicate my rig performance in UW in background of 4K while I watch a real race or run rFactor 2 on top to test new rfmods, lol. I kid you not.

Last edited:
Bear with me LOL

If you click and make screenshot full size - click twice slowly, make browser full page.
( sorry for the 1.1mb )

On left you see my 4K TV ( Toshiba CMP350 I think awesome and cheap )
LMU is running in 3440x1440 window you can see that right.
Watching Le Mans on VLC
rFactor 2 is running a race in background for attrition testing you can see that in taskbar.

On the right is my rig monitor ( but actually it's on the left lol but if you change that ....oh forget it does not matter)

Anyhow ... just so you know I don't tell fibs or elaborate :) UW on 4K

Room setup I could have taken pics of above but hassle getting camera out, battery , transfer ...don't know how to use a phone. lol
There is bug if I set TV main monitor so I can't use that way, so screenshots come out as mirror.

NEW.jpg

Last edited:
Also you can see how I use GME to control all sims config
Lot easier being able to select which monitor and resolution you want before you boot sim.
Like otherwise you need to restart sims and turn monitors on and off.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 094619.jpg

Just more useless info for you Lazza :p

Your assertion to me that turning up onboard sounds and turning up speakers is the same thing is ridiculous.

Have you ever drove LMU Ferrari Hyper with 100% onboard sound and loud on headphones ?
So how would you know huh ?
I have Sound Blaster X3 and ATH headphones both which do very good job.

At 100% ONBOARD SOUND you can hear the hybrid better, even though everything in car is louder it stands out more at least on my audio setup. As well using 100% makes the wind noise less noticeable for me. All to do with frequency/pitch I guess of the individual sounds along with what you use to reproduce and listen ?

I never suggested this would adjust the levels of individual engine noises, just perception ;)
My remark about wind noise was to reflect the need for more sliders but I guess there is only so much you can do.

If you then switch between all hypercar you should notice the Ferrari is the loudest at 100% onboard.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 243 39.3%
  • Online service

Votes: 149 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 265 42.9%
  • Graphics

Votes: 188 30.4%
  • Car customization