Custom Liveries

They added support it apparently, but have provided no info on how yet.

Doesn't really matter though, because we've been able to customise liveries since the sim was released already.
It does matter though. Modding is not something everyone knows how to do as many people are just drivers. We need it to be more automated and controlled within the sim so anyone can swap liveries. :)

It does matter though. Modding is not something everyone knows how to do as many people are just drivers.
Mate, you don't need to be a computer genius. The process is already so simple that a five year old can do it. If you can work out how to use an image editing tool to paint a livery, then you can work out how to extract and import them from the archives... especially since there's step-by-step guides available.

Given that this "feature" is now officially supported by not evident in the game, I'm guessing it's going to be a similar process anyway. We'll probably just be using an official Reiza-developed packer/unpacker instead of one released by a third-party.

Mate, I run a league and I know so many drivers who do not know how to mod or swap AMS2 skins, and they are older than 5. I have 6 kids and I am pretty sure most 5 year olds could not download the files and swap the default skins with the modded content. It's easy to you and I but not everyone. Many drivers do not even want to learn how to mod, they just want to drive. We shall see what Reiza comes up with because it does matter if it will be a user friendly in-game feature or more of a tool like you are guessing.

Mate, I run a league and I know so many drivers who do not know how to mod or swap AMS2 skins, and they are older than 5.
Nobody knows anything until they learn how. My point was that it is a very simple, straight-forward, and well-documented process which anyone can get their head around without any technical know-how. If you know the process then you know how easy it is, and to suggest it's too difficult for people is rather insulting to them I think. There's a difference between incapable and too lazy.

Also, I never suggested that it was a waste of time adding a simplified in-game process to achieve this. I simply meant that it's implementation isn't drastically important because the exact same process can already be done via other means. Reiza have even said themselves that liveries can only be replaced and not added using whatever it is they've come up with, so it's still not going to be the simple, full-featured livery editor people interested in such things actually want.

Latest News

Back